Python and Quest communication

Hey Guys,

hope to get fast help with myQuestion^^

Acutal i have a question:

event.QuestButtonClick(ARGUMNT)

Is this just a call to the function to open the Quest with Questindex as ARGUMNT or do i really need a button to call this function?

Actual i am calling this method without a button, but nothing happens (even no error) so i was wondering.

The Quest to get the Questindex looks like this:

quest test begin
    state start begin
        when login begin
            cmdchat("myvalue "..q.getcurrentquestindex())
        end
    end
end

I'm saving my Questindex in a var in constinfo (yes, i know ho to read out the cmdchat value via game.py)

Regards

€dit:

i'm calling my quest like this:

when button or info begin
    ##DO SOMETHING
end

Did you save the value as int()?And no you don't need a button to call the function

Yeah, this is my called function (from serverCommandList):

def TestWarpFunction(self, id)
       constInfo.VARIABLE = int(id)

I'm calling my my method in a if-loop (sry 4 bad englisch)

#SOME OTHER SOURCE...

elif BLABLA:
      event.QuestButtonClick(constInfo.VARIABLE)
      self.__ResetChat()
      return

Is the ___ResetChat() or return maybe disturbing my Quest?

With

event.QuestButtonClick(int(questIndex))

You need

##DO SOMETHING
end

In your quest. Look in uiquest.py and you will see that buttons works like that. Quests are started (don't know how..) and event.QuestButtonClick(int(questIndex)) it's used for gui buttons

You can use event.QuestButtonClick(int(questIndex)) everywhere. In game.py add in def __init__ this:

self.MyQuestNameIndex = 0

In ServerCommand...etc

add:

"myvalue" : self.InitMyQuestName,

Then make this function

def InitMyQuestName(self, id):
     self.MyQuestNameIndex = int(id) # i added int just in case...
     #Be careful! I used SPACE not TAB. You will get syntax errors if you don't replace it.

then you can use event.QuestButtonClick(self.MyQuestNameIndex)

if you want to use it everywhere in your client, then use constInfo instead of self.MyQuestNameIndex

I'm not sure if you understood me... More details: http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/metin2-pserver-guides-strategies/2355018-release-client-quest-kommunikation.html

You have here everything, also how to get a value from client and use it in your quest

• Love 1

With

You need

##DO SOMETHING
end

In your quest. Look in uiquest.py and you will see that buttons works like that. Quests are started (don't know how..) and event.QuestButtonClick(int(questIndex)) it's used for gui buttons

You can use event.QuestButtonClick(int(questIndex)) everywhere. In game.py add in def __init__ this:

In ServerCommand...etc

add:

Then make this function

#Be careful! I used SPACE not TAB. You will get syntax errors if you don't replace it.

if you want to use it everywhere in your client, then use constInfo instead of self.MyQuestNameIndex

I'm not sure if you understood me... More details: http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/metin2-pserver-guides-strategies/2355018-release-client-quest-kommunikation.html

You have here everything, also how to get a value from client and use it in your quest

I've already done everything you wrote in my first post (it seems that you missunderstood me, otherway you wouldnt post it^^)

But thanks for the Link, this may be useful.

Is it possible that:

self.ResetChat() or return in my if clause are blocking the quest? (To display it)

Cuz everything is working without errors and problems, but it doesnt show the quest (Already checked QuestIndex, everything is right)

With

You need

##DO SOMETHING
end

In ServerCommand...etc

add:

Then make this function

I've already done everything you wrote in my first post (it seems that you missunderstood me, otherway you wouldnt post it^^)

But thanks for the Link, this may be useful.

Is it possible that:

self.ResetChat() or return in my if clause are blocking the quest? (To display it)

Cuz everything is working without errors and problems, but it doesnt show the quest (Already checked QuestIndex, everything is right)

I would like to see self.ResetChat() function.

If this function isn't right or it doesn't exist, curent function (with event.QuestButtonClick(int(questIndex))) doesn't work.

Syserr would be nice too...!