Starting fresh need some advices

• Former Staff

Hey guys...I've deleted all my file exept my own sources...now what i need is what is the best option for me  

First  what is the best OS to run the server on (Win, Freebsd)..if freebsd .,,which version ...

Compiling : gcc or clang ,,i heard that clang is faster ..

Thanks in advance....and sorry for my bad english ,,

Flygun

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Former Staff
2 minutes ago, arves100 said:

Compiling on FreeBSD is the most secure thing. But if you haven't a VPS it's quitelly annoing for your RAM.

FreeBSD is ok every version, i hear about a bug on FreeBSD 10.x, but i never had nothing of them.

CLang is more faster than Gcc, but with CLang you need to do a lot of adjustments.

If you don't want to encour the bug of the skill,do not update Boost\Use C++11 or greater

If you don't have a VPS, WIndows is the best option.

For Windows every version should be fine (as long as it isn't windows 98 or older), do not use windows on a dedicated server because windows is for debugging only

About source you have to use mainline_released for server and novaline for client

Ohh hey ...Thanks for the fast reply .,,first let me say i've got a little experince about c++ and coding in general ,,(i can code)

Now i've been working on freebsd9.2 and its Very good to me ...but it's very annoying when i'm coding in more than 6~7 files with notpad ...so i've started to think about moveing into windows...i've compiled my data and every thing is good ..but i hate to use (xampp) ..also i need to build my own server files .,,about the source ..i got my own edited sources and they work togather very good with lycan so i need only the enviroment 

Execuse my bad english

Flygun