[ YOUR FAVORITE: Windows or FreeBSD and why? ]

.JαyZoN

Hello together,

today i have a question which is interesting me for a long time. This question is mainly addressed to developers which are working with the source code. Of course all users can answer here if they have interests in this topic.

However, let's start.

General questions;

1. Which system do you like more? (generally) => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

2. Your opinion: Which system does fit more to Metin2? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

Personal questions;

1. You are a server administrator of a big server. In which system would you feel more safety? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

2. Which system is easier to control / manage for you? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

3. Which advantages and disadvantages are there? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

I would be happy for every answer you can give.

__

Greeting,

.JαyZoN

• Premium

General questions;

As a server I find freebsd more reliable, less resource consuming, and once you get used to it, intuitive. Not to mention that it's free. Of course I would never use it for my home PC but that's another story.

2. Your opinion: Which system does fit more to Metin2? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

Not sure what this question means. YMIR never ran a production server on Windows it was just intended for testing.

Personal questions;

1. You are a server administrator of a big server. In which system would you feel more safety? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

FreeBSD as it's an open source OS.

2. Which system is easier to control / manage for you? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

FreeBSD. Far simpler once you know where everything is.

3. Which advantages and disadvantages are there? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

I guess a beginner would find Windows easier to handle.

• Love 4

General questions;

Windows Server2012 Datacenter Edition, Easier more Complicated :D better MultiServer management, more compatible advanced software

2. Your opinion: Which system does fit more to Metin2? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

none of both CentOS linux for datacenters

Personal questions;

1. You are a server administrator of a big server. In which system would you feel more safety? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

None of both again, Centos XEN for virtualization, completly locked down datacenter running on vms(not hackable)

2. Which system is easier to control / manage for you? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

Win, Centos 

3. Which advantages and disadvantages are there? => Windows OR FreeBSD? Reasons?

Disadvantage:

Windows: puts cpu cores into nodes and a program can just be associated to one

Freebsd: hard to getin, hard to find fixes to more difficult system bugs