Load External Pack Files

Hi there,

I've just got one question, I'm trying to load a file from a webserver but I can't figure how it's supposed to be done.

I need to change this, for example

CEterPackManager::Instance().RegisterPack("pack/locale_de", "locale_de/");

To something which would allow me to load the file from a webserver (from a URL) instead.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Management

At best you would be able to save eix on your metin2 server and transfer the information with packets, since you open the client till you close it...

I'm not talking about panama, a friend of mine was able to do it with RSA authentication...

raw

raw

6 hours ago, Legend said:

Not possible.

5 hours ago, charparodar said:

At best you would be able to save eix on your metin2 server and transfer the information with packets, since you open the client till you close it...

I'm not talking about panama, a friend of mine was able to do it with RSA authentication...

Why isn't it possible?

3 hours ago, Chyu ^^ said:

Isn't this a purpose of patcher?

No.. The patcher downloads files from a webserver, this is nothing similar to it.

The goal is to load files from a webserver, I mean, load them from a remote/external location.

I can't get why wouldn't it be possible, that makes no sense at all.

• Management
1 minute ago, Mhyst. said:

Why isn't it possible?

No.. The patcher downloads files from a webserver, this is nothing similar to it.

The goal is to load files from a webserver, I mean, load them from a remote/external location.

I can't get why wouldn't it be possible, that makes no sense at all.

You want to do what I told you my friend did, but you want to use the epk, he used the eix, why?

You need a lot of bandwith on the server to be able to every single player use every single file from your web server, and not talking about the headache you would get to transform the whole client, yes, the whole client, metin2 wasn't made to be a web game, and no one would even think about having the files on the server and load them to the client as request...

You can try to save just the eix on the server and read them using packets, like my friend did, except that and panama you can't do more...

raw

raw

1 minute ago, charparodar said:

You want to do what I told you my friend did, but you want to use the epk, he used the eix, why?

You need a lot of bandwith on the server to be able to every single player use every single file from your web server, and not talking about the headache you would get to transform the whole client, yes, the whole client, metin2 wasn't made to be a web game, and no one would even think about having the files on the server and load them to the client as request...

You can try to save just the eix on the server and read them using packets, like my friend did, except that and panama you can't do more...

Well, I wanted to use both files, the bandwith isn't a problem at all.

Also, I wasn't willing to load every single file in there, just a couple of them, so no headaches at all.

And I'm pretty sure there is people who thought on the same thing, since a friend of mine did it some months ago, I just can't reach him right now, that's why I'm making this thread.

I still didn't get how would one do that with RSA Auth, thanks anyway for the tips.

• Management
Just now, Mhyst. said:

Well, I wanted to use both files, the bandwith isn't a problem at all.

Also, I wasn't willing to load every single file in there, just a couple of them, so no headaches at all.

And I'm pretty sure there is people who thought on the same thing, since a friend of mine did it some months ago, I just can't reach him right now, that's why I'm making this thread.

I still didn't get how would one do that with RSA Auth, thanks anyway for the tips.

If I knew how my friend did I would start thinking about doing it myself, but, as obviously, he won't share such information with anyone...

raw

raw