Does it really matter? [mysql_query]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honorable Member

In some parts and use cases it just slow down the database server because the queries aren't cached like the players etc.

If you wan't to experiment with the source I recommend you to work with it and implement function into the cache it's much faster.

Kind regards,

Chuck

I want to save on a database the current players and room_id of beran setaou.
What i mean, i made a quest that save on a new table (beran_setaou) the room_id of the room (+1 each time dragon respawns) , player_id (pc.get_player_id()) and player_name(pc.get_player_name) , cause i make a new rankign system, with points that focuses on dungeon bosses (azrael/nemere/beran e.t.c) , all of these info will save in a new row, with only 1 command, but for 8 times (8 are the max player that can join on beran!)

Example:
room_id  player_id player_name
1             11404      test1
1             11741      sura02              <- two players joined the room in this run!
2             11412      new_char

another table is beran_setaou_owners (It works like a log, so we can identify the bots that automatically join the room!)
room_id owner_name
1            test1
2            new_char

I hope you understand xD