Fishing bug with a new map.

First, sorry for the badly English.

Hi

Yesterday i made a new map.
I can fishing there, but i can't caught anything.
Always says "Somethint caught the bait, but i don't know what is it" <--Something like that, i use hungarian client.

In fishing.txt first active line with fish vnum0:

i think in normal case, this doing the "Somethint caught the bait, but i don't know what is it"
Well, i try without this line, and then in my new map it's always caught fishint.txt first line, golden ring (after i remove vnum0 first line)
it's interesting, without the vnum0 fish line, in example map1 I will continue can fishing in normal.
Sometimes it's write "Somethint caught the bait, but i don't know what is it" but only sometimes, i can caught a fish on map1 without vnum0 first line.
(server restart was)

˛Î    0    0    0    3000    3000    2100    2000    10    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

So it's really interesting...
I tired different map index for my new map: 358, 83, 7. None work for fishing.
I tried on ch99 and ch1 too.
And i tried with WorldEditor saved server_attr, and with different server_attr from a server_attr pack. The situation is the same.

Here are my fishing.txt: http://pastebin.com/KTNmTBhA (but i don't think so it's corrupt)
There are nothing in syserr/syslog.

Any suggestion?

Edited by TheSLZ

• Premium

Well I had the same problem before I started using sources. I was sure that there is a function or a list or something, what is containing some map_indexes where you are able to catch some fishes.

Now I have searched to find this, and I think I have found it ;)

So go to fishing.cpp and search this function:

int GetProbIndexByMapIndex(int index)

and before this:

if (index > 60)
		return -1;

add this:

if (index == your_map_index)
        return 0;

There are some different "probability indexes" as you can see. I don't know what exactly they are doing, so just use "return 0" and this "probability" will be the same as the original 1st map's.

• Love 2

The one and only UI programming guideline