Game of Thrones

1607023_10152079371052734_73038733075502

Yesterday (6th of April) was the premiere of the new Game of Thrones season, so I think, this is the perfect time to make a discussion topic from the HBO's adaptation of George R.R. Martin's famous fantasy novels. 

What do you think about it? What are the best things you liked in it, and what are the worst? Have you also read the books or you are just watching the TV series? 

Please try to avoid spoilers in your comments, or use the spoiler tag. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Y_qhzxn2c

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 4

I'm curently reading the books, and maybe after that i'll watch the Tv series.

It's an awesome fantasy novel. Too bad i'm a lazy fart and it takes me forever to motivate myself to take the book in my hands:)). After i take it, i can't let it down for about 6h :D

And by the way, the actress that plays Sansa is hot :D

• Love 1

It's an awesome fantasy novel. Too bad i'm a lazy fart and it takes me forever to motivate myself to take the book in my hands:)). After i take it, i can't let it down for about 6h :D

I've just finished the 1st book but I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was a bit too long. I read it in pdf format, it was about 500 pages, but I think it was at least 1000 pages by the spread of a page. Anyway, I'll read the other 4 too, after I finished Dan Brown's Inferno :D

I've just finished the 1st book but I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was a bit too long. I read it in pdf format, it was about 500 pages, but I think it was at least 1000 pages by the spread of a page. Anyway, I'll read the other 4 too, after I finished Dan Brown's Inferno :D

The first book has 800 or so pages. The second one 900. The third has 1000. The fourth 1200 if i'm not mistaken :D.

You should buy them. It's a lot better than reading them on .pdf.

I like R.R. books mostly beacuse of his detalied description in everthing, but also his intrigue is awesome. It's easy to imagine things while reading it :P

• Love 1

Soo finished the first two episodes and I must say: Yes I like it :D Right now everything is still a bit overwhelming because in the series there is not much explanation about the whole Kingdoms and what the Land is about, the different factions etc. (In the first few episodes). But I guess that will come in future episodes. I really like how the more "adult" shows are becoming more "trendy". Hopefully that will lead us to more shows like that (and I don't mean the sex scenes with that. I like the complexity and realistic thinking behind their actions etc.)

• Love 1

Yes, I think you are right about the lack of presentation about the kingdoms and houses, but I think by the time it's getting clear. If the whole story'd be filmed, maybe it'd be too boring. Anyway, I enjoyed the TV series, and reading the book made clear all the omissions.

• 2 months later...

The season4 finale starts in today at 9PM on HBO. This episode will be 66 minutes long, and they are promising the most exciting season finale ever. I'm really curious about what they can show us after 'The Viper and the Mountain' episode. What do you think? :) (please avoid spoilers)

usually the 9th episode is the "biggest" episode of a season but this time I guess there will be happening alot in the last episode aswell. Arya and Sansa (dont know how to writer her) will maybe meet or if they are unlucky will pass them again and we will find out what will happen to Tyrion. After the final episode the waiting for season 5 will kill me ._.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will propably buy the first three books and read them but not more until the new seasons finished etc. I just find it more enjoyable when seeing it in "real" then watch it after knowing everything happened. But I guess thats up to personal taste since I do like it to watch something and know whats gonna happen to see how others react or how they created it in the series.