look my server how much player can play and i search for english server file

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium

Both of you are totally wrong , as a system needs to run like , 400-500 MB of RAM , to compile a game source you need 3 or more GB OF RAM

Or you can buy one with 2 and you can make a page file that it'll make 4.

? With 512 RAM , you will be happy if you will get your server running , we're not talking about players because it's not the case.

About windows , i'm not sure if you're buying an VPS but it sounds like one and it's not worth it's money .

A virtualization costs time , space , and brain to make it work , so i don't suggest using this.

If you can give us the site from where you're trying to buy a vps ,we'll be glad to help you .

Edited by Dr3Ame3r

Both of you are totally wrong , as a system needs to run like , 400-500 MB of RAM , to compile a game source you need 3 or more GB OF RAM

? With 512 RAM , you will be happy if you will get your server running , we're not talking about players because it's not the case.

About windows , i'm not sure if you're buying an VPS but it sounds like one and it's not worth it's money .

A virtualization costs time , space , and brain to make it work , so i don't suggest using this.

If you can give us the site from where you're trying to buy a vps ,we'll be glad to help you .

Why am I wrong? I didn't said to compile the source on vps. He can build the source on his PC and use it on vps without a virtual machine. But, you're right, it's not worth it's money.

​i think you are young and you havent seen an old computer with 256 ram to run games on it with windows xp...

thanks everyone for information and this server

CPU

• 0.96 GHZ

• RAM

1024 MB

• Disk Space

10 GB

• Banda Internet

30 Mbit

• ctivare Instanta
  • Trafic NECONTORIZAT
  • Uptime minim 99.5%
  • Protectie AntiFLOOD
  • Stocare date RAID10
  • Compatibil cPanel.net
  • Compatibil GameCP
  • Acces total ROOT
  • Virtualizare XEN
  • Suport 24/7/365
  • Server managed FULL
Edited by raihan3

The same.. It´s a little bad, 15 players max.

​Totally disagree , if he wants to mount a source on that machine it would not start cause of ram problems.

Second , if he uses a 34k Rev. it would take like 10-15 players WITH lag

​I guess not so. Compiling would work, even with only 1 gb of RAM. The compiling process will take veeeery veeery long but if he doesn't want to compile there it doesn't matter at all :) Even with 512mb RAM I think it'd work, just slow because the compiler would have to cache everything on hdd which would cause a big bottleneck.

And next! You can even run a server with 512mb RAM as long as you provide the missing ram with a swap. But you'd note that this is completely without any performance regards. It'll run and you'll get players but it'll run slow and you can't expect it to stand if there are more players coming.

Your question is missing some crucial things. How many channels do you want? How many maps are running on each channel? You can make a test run and start your server on a test machine at home for example. There you can see how many resources will be consumed (though it's only approximate values you can calculated with them and know how your server will react). Also: do you run your own gamecore or an official? Those information would help us deciding if your server is capable of it or not :)

Edited by Alina

• Premium

The same.. It´s a little bad, 15 players max.

​Totally disagree , if he wants to mount a source on that machine it would not start cause of ram problems.

Second , if he uses a 34k Rev. it would take like 10-15 players WITH lag

​I guess not so. Compiling would work, even with only 1 gb of RAM. The compiling process will take veeeery veeery long but if he doesn't want to compile there it doesn't matter at all :) Even with 512mb RAM I think it'd work, just slow because the compiler would have to cache everything on hdd which would cause a big bottleneck.

And next! You can even run a server with 512mb RAM as long as you provide the missing ram with a swap. But you'd note that this is completely without any performance regards. It'll run and you'll get players but it'll run slow and you can't expect it to stand if there are more players coming.

Your question is missing some crucial things. How many channels do you want? How many maps are running on each channel? You can make a test run and start your server on a test machine at home for example. There you can see how many resources will be consumed (though it's only approximate values you can calculated with them and know how your server will react). Also: do you run your own gamecore or an official? Those information would help us deciding if your server is capable of it or not :)

​I totally agree with you , i told him already in a earlier post of that page/swap file :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok...first you have windows xp or 7 as i can see so you need to set up a virtual box or to install freebsd.

2. you have 512 bm ram...if you put a r40k server fille you can not run it or will run with super lag.

3.i think its imposible to make a server on this configuration to have players ...

Pay for a windows server to run virtualbox? That seems pointless.. can do this on home PC. If you pay for a server I recommend you just get freebsd.

A friendly advice: Dont purchase METIN2 hosting from Romanian hosting providers. You will pay lots of money for a low-quality server and you won't receive any support for it in a good timing.

What he said.. from what I've seen it's all very weak servers for high prices, aside from Voxility which has some power but also a little bit high and the support is garbage. The employees are completely dishonest and rude, especially the woman who answers emails and phone calls.