Forgot your email address? ×

/reload p -> safe?

Necro

Question

7 answers to this question

• Premium

It depends on how much players are online and the power of processing of your dedicated server.

I've had a server with 2500 players online everyday and i didn't tryed to go /reload p after the server got down the first time .

If you have like 50-100 players it's ok to use it . it's kinda problem for all game revisions , this also happens on /reload q 

Safer is to use /reload a  ( sometimes deletes your GM rights (LOL) )

/reload a reloads the admin informations ( common -> gmlist ) , it does not update the prototype tables ( such as skill / item-mob_proto / etc )

/reload q reloads the quest table,which contains every single quest of a player, a server that have 100 players and biologist quest (30-94) [ 100 players above 30 or between 30-{maxlevel} ] will reload at least 300 lines for the 30 quest. If you didn't understand, let me explain it more clearly:

A player that finished the biologist (30-94) {30,40,50,60,70,80,85,90,92,94} (10) will generate 60 lines in quest and 10 lines in affect.

A server with 1000 players that completed the biologist will have over 6000 lines, there you have to add any box quest / any message quest or w/e.

Conclusion: Never use /reload q. You can use reload prototype if you have a powerful dedicated server with high CPU and high internet speed or not to many players online.

For me isn't safe. Those things already happen with me.

reload a = lose gm right

reload p = a couple of players get their items changed in something different, items that isn't used on server just appear for those persons.

reload q = can just crash the server

I cant talk about others reload because i never used.

• Moon

It depends on how much players are online and the power of processing of your dedicated server.

I've had a server with 2500 players online everyday and i didn't tryed to go /reload p after the server got down the first time .

If you have like 50-100 players it's ok to use it . it's kinda problem for all game revisions , this also happens on /reload q 

Safer is to use /reload a  ( sometimes deletes your GM rights (LOL) )

Like usually :facepalm:

Hi, is the command /reload p safe in game or is the way for bug, is here option to set better way in source?

Never use /reload q. You can use reload prototype if you have a powerful dedicated server with high CPU and high internet speed or not to many players online.

using /reload p was and will never be safe. Why? In early 2009 we (me and @Endymion) had a dedicated server. Somebody has inserted some items to db while the server was running and typed /reload p. When player was moving item from one slot to another, the item was changing to another (like Silver Bracelet got changed to Jade Earrings). The main reason of it was that someone inserted query with low-vnum items, so some items moved down in the table and also moved down in game core. The same thing goes for quests, but it gets bugged the other way. I strongly recommend NOT using "reload <type>" command on non-test server

• Love 2
  • Premium

It's perfectly safe... If you're on your test server or if you have less than average 120 players online.

I do not recommand to use these command on a live server, even more if you have some systems on it, a simple fail and it'll cause a rampage on your server (quest, items and stats issue)

If you want to use it, use it right after a reboot, when there'snt lot of people.