what are the best hosting companies for a metin server?

• Bronze

Hello everyone,

Most of you knows what is the point from opening this topic by reading the title ..

I'd like you to discuss about the best hosting company so that we can get a good metin server.

you can add your posts like:

Example:

Name: OVH

advantages: Low-pirces / FTP backup / un-metered network.

Disadvantages: xxx.

The best package for a metin server: xxx

have a good day :)

• Love 1

The catch is, if you buy directly from OVH, forget about getting decent support. But I don't want to advertise something that is not ready yet :)

Incloudibly comes to mind for DoS protected dedicated servers, or Worldstream for non protected.

That does not change the fact, that ovh is leader in europe combining protection, hardware and price.

I will test my MG-256 server. I think will only problems with double logging when server is under ddos.

• Love 1

• Bronze

I know it itsn't relevant to this topic, but I've heard some gossips that OVH doesn't allow running Metin2 private servers from their machines. What do you think about it? Of course if it's true, it takes time for them to find them, this is why many people can run Metin2 servers from them, but I wouldn't pay for unstable hosting, and I really sympathize with their services. So I'd be glad if someone could tell me some facts about this. :)

• Bronze

They don't search for metin2 servers. They aren't even allowed to enter your machine to see what's on it without your permission. What they do - I think - if they receive an abuse mail they shutdown your server but this won't happen to you if you do not have .... 2000/3000 players (?).

Regards

P.S: Incloudibly is a very good hoster.

• Love 1

I know it itsn't relevant to this topic, but I've heard some gossips that OVH doesn't allow running Metin2 private servers from their machines. What do you think about it? Of course if it's true, it takes time for them to find them, this is why many people can run Metin2 servers from them, but I wouldn't pay for unstable hosting, and I really sympathize with their services. So I'd be glad if someone could tell me some facts about this. :)

Who tol you that? :D

I have a server at ovh for about 1 year and nothing happened.

In the last time - since xertonia closed - many servers changed to ovh.

They are the biggest european hoster i think they have other problems and no time to search for metin2 servers

• Love 1

• Bronze

The catch is, if you buy directly from OVH, forget about getting decent support. But I don't want to advertise something that is not ready yet :)

Incloudibly comes to mind for DoS protected dedicated servers, or Worldstream for non protected.

That does not change the fact, that ovh is leader in europe combining protection, hardware and price.

I will test my MG-256 server. I think will only problems with double logging when server is under ddos.

Thing with OVH is that unless you pay for VIP support, you'll get pretty much the less help possible. Don't get me wrong, they'll fix any hardware issues in a blink of an eye, but if you need someone to hold your hand, even in the most problematic scenario, you're screwed.

Name: Hosteam

advantages: Quick and helpful support, good internet filters, prices in PLN.

Disadvantages: :v

The best package for a metin server: I'm using server from GRAND series and I'm satisfied from this server.

How is PLN currency an advantage? What indication has the original poster given that he is Polish or wishes to pay in Polish currency? Most commonly hosts are paid for in GBP, USD, or EUR. So if either of those are the currency of the host it would be considered an advantage imo. Since most Metin2 admins and players are from Europe, EUR would most likely be the best currency of the three for an "advantage" because of the mass amount of players in countries using EUR (especially Germany) and only one country using GBP and a few using USD besides USA.

Anyways I think OVH is garbage, they can't protect against small attacks from my experience. I'm also at CloudCom (same thing as incloudibly). All the partner sites are basically the same. They are basically authorized leasers of Solar Communications servers. If you are feeling generous, use my referral link ^^: http://cloudc.me/?ref=nirvana2

Also, you don't need an "unmetered network". You won't use much bandwidth and mosts hosts provide more than enough. For a semi-busy server including a patcher and website you would use maybe 3-4TB per month. I like to know what I'm getting and not get screwed by "fair use policies".

Incloudibly took 12h to respond to a broken hdd ticket which didnt let the server boot - we switched after that

ovh support isnt as bad as everybody tells you

a normal sales question i wrote at 3 in the morning got answered around 10 on the same day

i personally never had issues with their support and ive been with them for 5 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love 1

• 4 years later...
  • Premium
6 hours ago, WinTeam said:

royal-server.ro :)

Sorry but that will never really compete.

https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

Check the differences, you cant even compare them.

And hetzner is just one of the top providers, not a "metin2 hosting company".

A company that has "metin2 servers", isnt really a company.

__

If you wanna start your business with hosting, then do it the proper way and for example show WHY people should choose your service.

P.S: Eterhost, brings back old memories, only provider that can rival it in terms of "crapness" is blazing.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1