Jump to content

Weapon Costumes  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. Is this usefull?



Recommended Posts

  • Former Staff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcOarmeX14

 

What do you think about this?

Would you use it for an Oldschool server (due to the fact its still costume system and even the weapon slot was build in to the client)

Or would you say its more newschool?

  • Love 5
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/52-weapon-skins/
Share on other sites

  • Developer

It is really interesting and also useful, for oldschool and newschool servers. Not only the costume weapon slot, but also the other 2 (3rd and 4th) inventories.

I knew that someone will activate it, but I still want to wait and see what Ymir does with that slot.

I don't think they would create other weapons with COSTUME_ITEM type or something like. I mean, a weapon over another weapon, seems wth..

I think that slot should be used like weapon skins, as your thread title says, or something else.

Anyway, that's a great job and I liked it.

when you return 0 and server doesn't boot:

unknown.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/52-weapon-skins/#findComment-121
Share on other sites

  • Former Staff

It is really interesting and also useful, for oldschool and newschool servers.

And about the costume weapon slot, I knew that someone will activate it, but I still want to wait and see what Ymir does with that slot.

I don't think they would create other weapons with COSTUME_ITEM type or something like. I mean, a weapon over another weapon, seems wth..

I think that slot should be used like weapon skins, as your thread title says, or something else.

Anyway, that's a great job and I liked it.

Its the same like armor over armor :D

 

And the hardest part were that the way your character is holding your weapon is adjusted by the subtype. Some subtypes were placed by head and armor.. so i had to search a solution for it :D

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/52-weapon-skins/#findComment-123
Share on other sites

  • Developer

Its the same like armor over armor :D

 

And the hardest part were that the way your character is holding your weapon is adjusted by the subtype. Some subtypes were placed by head and armor.. so i had to search a solution for it :D

It's not the same in my point of view.

What I want to say with weapon skins is, for example, a new texture for the weapon you're actually using, and not a "weapon over your weapon".

But that doesn't mean you didn't a nice job.

when you return 0 and server doesn't boot:

unknown.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/52-weapon-skins/#findComment-124
Share on other sites

  • Former Staff

I really like your idea, but i think that sould be costumes and no swords.

Would be awesome if you're wearing a Boxer-Costume and in the weapon slot would be Boxer Gloves. :)

 

kind regards

xF4ke

Youre giving me a nice idea right now. Could someone of the 3d modellers please make a Boxing glove? :D

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/52-weapon-skins/#findComment-153
Share on other sites

first of all that 4 inventory slots looks cool.

 

second, I think the weapon costumes sounds interesting only for silly costumes but not to replace a weapon with another weapon skin. New school or old school, doesn't matter when it comes to costumes I think.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/52-weapon-skins/#findComment-176
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.