Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello!

Recently, I decided to open a private server in the near future, but the prices some people asked for installing the systems made me try to install them myself. So far, I haven't been very successful. There were always errors, tab errors (self is not defined) kept popping up, or what was in "search" wasn't in my source, and I didn't know where to put the code.

What advice do you have for beginners? I know some of you would say to pay someone who knows, but we were all beginners once. It seems that whatever system I try to install on my server, I fail.

I've been working in PHP and HTML for many years, I know it doesn't really have much to do with C++ and Python, but I'm not completely clueless about editing in Notepad++.

Thank you!

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34332-tips-for-beginners/
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Active+ Member
On 2/9/2026 at 2:45 PM, ZICK said:

Hello!

Recently, I decided to open a private server in the near future, but the prices some people asked for installing the systems made me try to install them myself. So far, I haven't been very successful. There were always errors, tab errors (self is not defined) kept popping up, or what was in "search" wasn't in my source, and I didn't know where to put the code.

What advice do you have for beginners? I know some of you would say to pay someone who knows, but we were all beginners once. It seems that whatever system I try to install on my server, I fail.

I've been working in PHP and HTML for many years, I know it doesn't really have much to do with C++ and Python, but I'm not completely clueless about editing in Notepad++.

Thank you!

Just the fact that you are using notepad++ as your editor means that you are in fact clueless. And it doesn't work like you think "we were all beginners once", there are people who were beginners and learned how to actually program irl by getting degrees and working in the field. And then there are people who were beginners, and think they are no more just because they can follow an installation tutorial or because they learned the basics/generate code using AI; but they are in fact still beginners and that's the main reason why so many servers are plagued with bugs and lag. So if you are serious about opening a server, pay a real developer. If you aren't and just want to play with the source there is no magical tip to help you install any system, just read the code that it's provided and try to understand it to the point where you can actually put it in the correct spot even though the search doesn't return any result

  • Metin2 Dev 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34332-tips-for-beginners/#findComment-174485
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Froslass said:

Just the fact that you are using notepad++ as your editor means that you are in fact clueless. And it doesn't work like you think "we were all beginners once", there are people who were beginners and learned how to actually program irl by getting degrees and working in the field. And then there are people who were beginners, and think they are no more just because they can follow an installation tutorial or because they learned the basics/generate code using AI; but they are in fact still beginners and that's the main reason why so many servers are plagued with bugs and lag. So if you are serious about opening a server, pay a real developer. If you aren't and just want to play with the source there is no magical tip to help you install any system, just read the code that it's provided and try to understand it to the point where you can actually put it in the correct spot even though the search doesn't return any result

Hello! Thank you for your reply. Indeed, the best way is to learn the principles of this field and become very good without the help of AI or copying a function from the left and putting it on the right.

But what I wrote in my initial post refers to the same people who do the same thing (copy functions and paste them) and charge absolutely huge amounts of money. For example, to install an AutoHunt, I was asked for 100 euros, which I, without any experience, installed in a single day, perfectly functional.

I am referring to special situations, when you are told to look for a function, but you do not have that function in the source, or all kinds of hypothetical situations that you encounter without wanting to. Any advice is welcome.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/34332-tips-for-beginners/#findComment-174499
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.