Jump to content

How to Install the M2Dev Files - The Complete Guide


Go to solution Solved by Mind Rapist,

Recommended Posts

  • Active+ Member

 

Intro

I believe all of y'all know which files I'm talking about. I've been back in the dev scene ever since September and from what I'm seeing at least in this forum these files are the hottest, most active system, with the best community-driven support and continuous development, as well as core stability, most advanced technologies used (for an open-source project at least) and of course the most stable.

The files I'm talking about are these: 

Note: These files configure and build different than whatever it is that you've tried before (CMake vs raw make). I will not be providing support for the classic SF/sources in this guide not I will be comparing differences BUT if you use your brain and Google a little bit you can easily figure out how to install and configure any SF/sources after finishing this guide.

 

Why am I doing this guide?

These files are supposed to be beginner-friendly but I see a lot of people being unable to install/build them. We decided as a community that we will not be publicly sharing any VDI files (we are developers we should at least be able to do this on our own), but nobody said anything about not sharing a guide and almost every new member of our community seems to need one, especially when jumping from the classic Makefiles into CMake.

 

Disclaimer(s)

 

First Disclaimer:

I am not a professional developer/software engineer/IT department specialist. What I'm about to share here is my own experience and there are probably millions of different ways to do this, feel free to share them in the comments.

Another Disclaimer:

Lots of people are looking for a guide and the majority is looking for a "1 - 2 - 3 - done" list of tasks. Others may be looking for some deeper explanation of things but this is the minority of the people that are probably interested in this guide. I will try to keep this post a hybrid between the 2, not a lot of information but enough to give you directions as to what to google and study once you're done here if this is something that interests you, I will also try to keep it "as short as possible" (if there is such a thing 😆)

Last Disclaimer:

I would prefer to make a video out of this but unfortunately my time is limited so here is the post. I will not be offering any kind of support after this guide regarding installing and building this project and I will absolutely not be offering any free support for any unrelated issues like in-system bugs or stuff like that. We have public Github repositories and communities for these kinds of things, I'm just offering this semi-analytical guide to install & build for the first time.

Last Disclaimer FOR REAL THIS TIME! Also VERY IMPORTANT:

I do not have any experience with compiling and running the server project on Windows environments (including the Database). The files are fully compatible with Windows, but this guide will only be showing on how to get started with FreeBSD. I will be using the latest versions currently available for everything as this is what I am using myself, I am facing 0 issues and I enjoy all the latest features and experience.

 

 

Let's get started

 

The instructions have been completed inside the README files of each official repository

 

For those of you who need instructions to install the files please follow the guides in the following order:

  1. This is the hidden content, please
  2. This is the hidden content, please
  3. This is the hidden content, please
  4. This is the hidden content, please
Edited by Mind Rapist
  • Metin2 Dev 69
  • Eyes 2
  • Flame 2
  • Dislove 1
  • Good 33
  • muscle 5
  • Love 9
  • Love 59
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Active+ Member
  • Solution

This guide is incomplete and it will probably stay that way. I'm sorry but the forum's security system won't let me add the missing pieces and it censors simple words (even pith0n). I've been trying to add the missing pieces for weeks now but every edit needs a 2-day verification waiting and Cloudflare blocks my every word. Sorry for leaving it like this. Let me know if someone from the forum's admins decides to do something about it and I will try to complete it then.

 

The guide has been completed in the Github repos please make sure you follow the right order for a smooth installation.

Edited by Mind Rapist
On 1/30/2026 at 11:05 AM, Mind Rapist said:

This guide is incomplete and it will probably stay that way. I'm sorry but the forum's security system won't let me add the missing pieces and it censors simple words (even pith0n). I've been trying to add the missing pieces for weeks now but every edit needs a 2-day verification waiting and Cloudflare blocks my every word. Sorry for leaving it like this. Let me know if someone from the forum's admins decides to do something about it and I will try to complete it then.

You can make a DOC file using github, it will be the best way to do it, use this https://www.mkdocs.org/

Edited by HAMLET
  • Love 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Active+ Member

Cmake is one of the most disgusting things that I can think of. Really. If you don't maintain it for a week it breaks and backwards compatibility is a mess, not even mentioning the horrible syntax. So confusing. However, besides that, thank you for your efforts, my feelings are besides the point.

  • Love 1
  • Active+ Member
6 hours ago, Kaptan Yosun said:

Cmake is one of the most disgusting things that I can think of. Really. If you don't maintain it for a week it breaks and backwards compatibility is a mess, not even mentioning the horrible syntax. So confusing. However, besides that, thank you for your efforts, my feelings are besides the point.

Thanks for the heads up on CMake but I dont really remember anyone changing anything like ever in the configuration except when adding new libs... It was hard for me to understand it at first but I guess you get used to it after 2-3 times..

  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.