Jump to content

Professional Mob Drop Editor Tool - Looking for Feedback


Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

 

So I've been working on this desktop app for managing mob drops on Metin2 servers. Basically, I got tired of spending hours editing mob_drop_item.txt files manually, making mistakes, and having to reconnect to the server every time. Figured there had to be a better way.

 

The app lets you:

- Edit mob drops with a visual interface (drag and drop items, no more typing file paths)

- Add new mobs to maps easily

- Adjust drop chances without having to calculate everything yourself

- Search for mobs and items by name or VNUM

- It automatically backs up your work so you don't lose anything

- Supports multiple languages if that matters to you

 

I know a lot of server owners still do everything manually with Notepad++ and FileZilla, which works but takes forever and one typo can crash your server. This tool is supposed to make that whole process way faster and less error-prone.

 

I'm posting this to see what you all think. Would something like this actually be useful? Are there any server owners here who would consider using a tool like this, or do you prefer doing everything manually?

Fair warning though - I'm still working on finishing the chances mode, so it's not 100% complete yet. But the edit and add modes are working fine.

Also, if you have ideas for features that would make it better, I'm all ears. Still working on it and open to suggestions.

PREVIEW:
 

Spoiler

.gif

Spoiler

.gif

Spoiler

.gif

 

  • Metin2 Dev 5
  • Good 1
  • Love 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/2/2026 at 9:02 PM, DukeEunias said:

This beauty will be released somedeay? 

Guess he won't be releasing it anytime soon. Meanwhile (hopefully I won't get banned for sharing a link) you can try https://quickwebtools.app/metin2/mob-drop-editor -- Feedback would be great

Edited by Wintersun

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.