Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Premium

It's not about the performance, Speedtree 4.1 (the only leaked sdk I found) allows for more realistic vegetation than Metin2 has. Think of something like this:

 

b04.jpg

 

 

2_181.jpg

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/330-dx9-update/page/2/#findComment-2923
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I havent got much time, but if im in mood i can help out a little bit.

It's not about the performance, Speedtree 4.1 (the only leaked sdk I found) allows for more realistic vegetation than Metin2 has. Think of something like this:

 

b04.jpg

 

 

2_181.jpg

 

The stupid thing is that metin uses a shit Field of View and a stupid fog rendering.

This makes the sky looking terrible and because of the fov the user only views the ground.

It would be possible to make the object rendering better with shaders, because the textures are too bad.

I dont think it is the granny format, althought the oblivion invidual character modification would fit to metin2. But I dont know much about those things.

 

By the way, if someone has SPT grass, could you send me some of them? I could customize the lod for it so people dont get laggs, if there are too much meshes.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/330-dx9-update/page/2/#findComment-4077
Share on other sites

 

 

Opengl porting is overkill noone is experienced enough to port a whole game from DX8 -> OpenGL

 

It would be possible with a team of 3 ore more ppl, but the amount of time spent for this compared to the improvement doesn't worth it at all. With 90%( price aounrd 200€) of the prebuilt workstation's on the market you can play Metin2 without any problems. So why invest 100's of houres to make the game playable for 95% of ppl with shitty computers?

 

OpenGL is much faster even for Windows Computers and in my opinion it looks better

 

 

Dont forget multi device gaming u can use Every OS...

 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/330-dx9-update/page/2/#findComment-4083
Share on other sites

  • 9 years later...

I solved the dx9 problem, I converted it to dx12, but there is no need, use dx8 for development, I fixed it completely, but there is a problem in the granny version.

 

 

Sanırım benim ekran kartımda bir sorun var başka bir ekran kartı taktım düzeldi.

 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/330-dx9-update/page/2/#findComment-156812
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.