GR2/DDS encryption

No changes are required in the client source.

DDS Encryption: Block unwanted access from Paint, Paint.NET, Photoshop, and converters.
https://metin2.download/video/hPmKHxXvmEc7onS0GLBg5dF3noawU3D2/.mp4

GR2 Encryption: Prevent unauthorized conversions from Noesis, GRNReader, FBX converters, and more.
https://metin2.download/video/5N0hgwt603soIkEf5421DH9yEaXPbi28/.mp4

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tatsumaru said:

Can you send the encrypted model and textures?

Due to security reasons, I will share these files via private message.
Feel free to upload them to VirusTotal or run them in sandbox if needed.

EDIT: Actually I'm not able to send PM.

spacer.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Think 1

On 4/11/2024 at 10:26 AM, bLaNqii said:

No changes are required in the client source.

DDS Encryption: Block unwanted access from Paint, Paint.NET, Photoshop, and converters.
https://metin2.download/video/hPmKHxXvmEc7onS0GLBg5dF3noawU3D2/.mp4

GR2 Encryption: Prevent unauthorized conversions from Noesis, GRNReader, FBX converters, and more.
https://metin2.download/video/5N0hgwt603soIkEf5421DH9yEaXPbi28/.mp4

Whats the point of the GR2 "encryption" if any client can read the "encrypted" files?

11 minutes ago, PeaceMaker said:

Whats the point of the GR2 "encryption" if any client can read the "encrypted" files?

This tool is intended for designers, I discussed with many and they are adding a logo for each customer (server/player name).
This way, you can no longer remove that logo, extract meshes or change the texture as you want.

• Good 2

On 4/13/2024 at 6:03 PM, bLaNqii said:

This tool is intended for designers, I discussed with many and they are adding a logo for each customer (server/player name).
This way, you can no longer remove that logo, extract meshes or change the texture as you want.

If any client is able to load your "encrypted" files then granny preprocessor would also load them and that means you can reexport those models without whatever encryption you're adding to those files.

• kekw 2

17 hours ago, PeaceMaker said:

If any client is able to load your "encrypted" files then granny preprocessor would also load them and that means you can reexport those models without whatever encryption you're adding to those files.

Since the file is read by granny engine, it still has slightly changes that make it difficult and sometimes not recognizable for the engine to read the data inside of it, but you can't know such things when just drag&dropping over a tool and not reading the entire format documentation.
From my previous statement, this is intended for designers and not for server owners, as for them I have a different approach which is modifying the entire granny reading process.
I see why this community is the way it is.

• kekw 1

On 4/27/2024 at 2:02 PM, bLaNqii said:

I see why this community is the way it is.

Don't think there's anything wrong specifically with this community. That's just how the world works 🙂
If you're not open for critics then you should probably not make something public that you cannot defend...

I understand that it's made for designers but you're giving them false hopes.

On 4/28/2024 at 4:14 PM, PeaceMaker said:

Don't think there's anything wrong specifically with this community. That's just how the world works 🙂
If you're not open for critics then you should probably not make something public that you cannot defend...

I understand that it's made for designers but you're giving them false hopes.

False hopes? This tool is not launched for selling, only specific designers which can prove that they really need this have access to it.

Many of them are using it already and are satisfied, their models are no longer being stolen and modified by literally anyone.

• kekw 1