• Premium
This is the hidden content, please

Hello, long story short, people actually decided to sell such stuff that was apparently kept away from the "public" or the "community" for obvious reasons, as i don't like them kind of people i just decided to release it for everyone to have a piece of it.

Don't bother asking what it is for or how do you use it if you are clueless about what MSS has to do with the game client, don't even bother messaging me. I had it in my personal vault for a while and i just saw people looking for it at the same time others were trying to sell it. All credits go to @ arves100

Spoiler

Have fun, more to come.

Edited by FrenchForeignLegion
  • Metin2 Dev 52
  • Good 6
  • Love 2
  • Love 12

Engineer @ CNH Industrial

Thank you for this source release, works perfectly. ?

On 1/26/2024 at 1:51 PM, Valki said:

Amazing! I also think that if anyone really wants to upgrade the sound system they should look at fmod.

Upgrade the sound engine in Metin? I dont think its needed. "Miles" is old, yes, but up to date and does his job perfectly in this old game source and plays that minimal amount of music/effect. And with this source release (what i want to thank in this case too) u can make it and your client binary safer then before. For example, use it staticialy (with codec providers).

• muscle 1

All wolves are gray in the dark.

• Forum Moderator

There might have been a mistake on who it belongs. All credit in fact goes to @ arves100. When I talked with @ FrenchForeignLegion I said that the original source of the SDK might have been me (because I had it for years and sent it occasionally). But it turns out this is NOT the version I sent and that this is also an implementation and not only an SDK.

I just wanted to clarify my part in this! 

On 1/26/2024 at 1:51 PM, Valki said:

Amazing! I also think that if anyone really wants to upgrade the sound system they should look at fmod.

Been using that for years now and it is really cool indeed!

Edited by Gurgarath

Gurgarath
coming soon

On 1/28/2024 at 7:59 PM, UdvAtt108 said:

Thank you for this source release, works perfectly. ?

Upgrade the sound engine in Metin? I dont think its needed. "Miles" is old, yes, but up to date and does his job perfectly in this old game source and plays that minimal amount of music/effect. And with this source release (what i want to thank in this case too) u can make it and your client binary safer then before. For example, use it staticialy (with codec providers).

You're 100% right, it's not necessary because miles is doing it's job more than perfectly. But I'd like to mention that if you want to go further than metin2 in the future (so if you're really interested in the programming part of it) it's better to know alternatives, other options too and if you can do it properly it also won't hurt since for example "FMOD" is also a great library to handle sounds in m2's source. But I'm really agreeing with you, because if you're not interested in these kind of stuffs then it's not necessary, even if other sound engines has better support than mss

• Metin2 Dev 1

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.