Jump to content

Seeking Guidance on Software for Metin2 Server Custom Content Creation


Go to solution Solved by eddR,

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

I'm passionate about enhancing my future Metin2 server by adding custom weapons, armor, and unique monsters. I've heard about Autodesk 3ds Max 8 being used in the Metin2 modding community, but I'm struggling to find a reliable source to download it from. Additionally, I'm curious if there are alternative programs available for these creative endeavours. Can you recommend any and share where to find them, especially if they are free? I'd appreciate your insights and guidance!

Thanks in advance. ?

You need autodesk with plugin, so u must got version for which is plugin already published..

Here u can find all programs what u need: link

1. If you are already modeling in a program, it is not a problem to model any model or convert an existing model to another format that you can program with in your program. (But then you still have to export it in autodesk for the plugin.)

2. If you're starting out, start with autodesk, it's probably the hardest, but also the most professional. As far as I know, unfortunately there is no plugin for blender and similar programs to convert from .gr2... At least not public.

3. Something about 2D... If you don't want to model, or not everything needs to be modeled, sometimes you just need to retexture existing stuff... So I recommend Photoshop + Paint.net (it's better than gimp and it remembers the position of the extracted pixel in the images, so you can easily repaint parts...) For app icons I recommend GreenFish, I have good experience with it... And as for how to color classic item icons, I have an interesting trick for that too, but I don't want to give it away..  Because not many peoples can make good icons... ?

Edited by Filachilla
  • Love 1
  • Solution

@ novaria

On 10/13/2023 at 1:04 AM, Filachilla said:

You need autodesk with plugin, so u must got version for which is plugin already published..

Here u can find all programs what u need: link

1. If you are already modeling in a program, it is not a problem to model any model or convert an existing model to another format that you can program with in your program. (But then you still have to export it in autodesk for the plugin.)

2. If you're starting out, start with autodesk, it's probably the hardest, but also the most professional. As far as I know, unfortunately there is no plugin for blender and similar programs to convert from .gr2... At least not public.

3. Something about 2D... If you don't want to model, or not everything needs to be modeled, sometimes you just need to retexture existing stuff... So I recommend Photoshop + Paint.net (it's better than gimp and it remembers the position of the extracted pixel in the images, so you can easily repaint parts...) For app icons I recommend GreenFish, I have good experience with it... And as for how to color classic item icons, I have an interesting trick for that too, but I don't want to give it away..  Because not many peoples can make good icons... ?

@Filachilla for number 2. You can convert models into fbx or obj and load them in blender and there is even a public plugin for .gr2 in blender on github. I have a private plugin that might work better but it's very much doable.

  • Love 1
On 10/16/2023 at 1:44 AM, eddR said:

@ novaria

@Filachilla for number 2. You can convert models into fbx or obj and load them in blender and there is even a public plugin for .gr2 in blender on github. I have a private plugin that might work better but it's very much doable.

I hope this message finds you well. First of all, I want to express my gratitude for taking the time to respond regarding editing programs. Your insights were truly helpful, and as a beginner, I greatly appreciate your guidance.

I have another question that I would like to address to you specifically. I am curious to know if there are any significant differences between 3ds Max 2018 and 3ds Max 2024, apart from the version number. Specifically, I am interested in understanding whether creating weapons or armors in 3ds Max 2024 would be compatible with implementing them in Metin 2. Or would I need to use an older version of 3ds Max to ensure compatibility with the Metin 2 server requirements?

As a beginner with limited knowledge in this field, I apologise if this question seems trivial or obvious. However, I am genuinely eager to learn and understand the intricacies of working with these tools. Your expertise would be invaluable in helping me make informed decisions and progress in my learning journey.

Once again, I appreciate your patience and willingness to assist beginners like myself. I am grateful for any insights or recommendations you can provide on this matter.

Thank you for your time and support. I look forward to your response.

On 10/13/2023 at 1:04 AM, Filachilla said:

You need autodesk with plugin, so u must got version for which is plugin already published..

Here u can find all programs what u need: link

1. If you are already modeling in a program, it is not a problem to model any model or convert an existing model to another format that you can program with in your program. (But then you still have to export it in autodesk for the plugin.)

2. If you're starting out, start with autodesk, it's probably the hardest, but also the most professional. As far as I know, unfortunately there is no plugin for blender and similar programs to convert from .gr2... At least not public.

3. Something about 2D... If you don't want to model, or not everything needs to be modeled, sometimes you just need to retexture existing stuff... So I recommend Photoshop + Paint.net (it's better than gimp and it remembers the position of the extracted pixel in the images, so you can easily repaint parts...) For app icons I recommend GreenFish, I have good experience with it... And as for how to color classic item icons, I have an interesting trick for that too, but I don't want to give it away..  Because not many peoples can make good icons... ?

 

Thank you for your response and for providing valuable information. Based on your input, I understand that using the appropriate version of Autodesk with the compatible plugin is crucial for integrating models into the Metin 2 server. 

I appreciate your insights and recommendations. Your response has provided me with a clearer understanding of the tools and techniques involved in working with Metin 2 item creation. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. ?
 

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.