Jump to content

How to make a patcher without .bin file?


Go to solution Solved by DemOnJR,

Recommended Posts

Hello Devs,

I watched a lot of videos, I watched a lot of uploaded autopatchers all over the internet, but I couldn't get any of them to work.

The server file and client I use: https://metin2.dev/topic/27610-40250-reference-serverfile-client-src-15-available-languages/

It is also important that I run a hamachi server so that my friends and I can test. I haven't rented a domain, I want to use XAMP during development to make the patcher work.

If anyone knows of a simpler solution, I will use it, but unfortunately I am currently stuck.

I hope you can help me with that.

Sincerely, Crow

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31366-how-to-make-a-patcher-without-bin-file/
Share on other sites

  • Premium
  • Solution

You need to start your xamp server and make an simple html page with an message remember you need to run the web server on router public ip v4 (https://whatismyipaddress.com/) not /localhost also it will be better if you point an domain to that ip or at least an dns, send the address to your friends and see if they can see/use the website.

Simpler solution buy an domain + webhost (you can find cheap hosts starting from 1 euro) upload your client files in an new folder 'patcher' inside public_html change patcher url/settings and you are done.

I did an tutorial long time ago: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mcH9Ph6hDA

 

Edited by DemOnJR

The video looks good, but the compiler cannot be downloaded from the mega because it asks for decryption key. The zippyshare link doesn't work, and the girlshare link downloads mp3s.

Could you reupload please? Or do you remember the decryption key?

 

Edit: Everything works fine, I hosted a web server from my PC too, the patcher would work too, only the compiler is missing. All I need is and I think I could download / patch the whole client. Maybe you could give me a short description of how this compiler works next to the new link or decryption key if you have it?

I used XAMP, Wordpress and pktriot to create the webserver.

Edited by Crow
  • Premium

Check this

This is the hidden content, please

And

This is the hidden content, please

 

Edited by DemOnJR
  • Metin2 Dev 26
  • Good 12
  • Love 1
  • Love 13

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.