Hello pls help !

when i rename the .exe file the game won't open and gives an error (LOG DO-NOT-EDIT-NAME)

I searched the whole source but couldn't find it .

IMG error : https://metin2.download/picture/NDNiT2y5eqfwdqM5m4CFS0Z8oJsK0Q1T/.jpg

Name .exe ist Metin2.exe i need to change it.

Thank you all for your help

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be wrong but there goes my assumption:

It has to be some "system" that doesn't permit the execution of the file if it is not named "Metin2.exe", how did you search for it in binary? Use notepad++ "Find in Files" option and search for "Metin2.exe" and "DO-NOT-EDIT-NAME"  in both root files and binary, i'd say it's something in root instead of binary.

14 minutes ago, raNNNNNk said:

Možná se mýlím, ale můj předpoklad platí:

Musí to být nějaký "systém", který neumožňuje spuštění souboru, pokud se nejmenuje "Metin2.exe", jak jsi to hledal v binárním kódu? Použijte notepad++ možnost "Najít v souborech" a vyhledejte "Metin2.exe" a "DO-NOT-EDIT-NAME" v kořenových i binárních souborech, řekl bych, že je to něco v rootu místo binárního.

I'm looking everywhere and it's not there (binary source)  😞

it can't be anywhere else because if I put the Metin2.exe in another server in another client it shows the same error

I searched both include and library and nothing :((