What text editor you use for game source?

Go to solution Solved by Speachless,

Hello! 👋 😃

I am curious to find out what text editor or IDE do you guys use for editing game source? I know that for the binary source you can use Visual Studio, with which you build it after all.

But is Notepad++ the only way to only edit the game source?  I don't mind compiling the source using the console. I just find it very difficult to edit the game source only using Notepad++.

58 minutes ago, duwen123 said:

So you just drag the folder with the source into one of those editors? And the intellisense works? For eg. parameter info in methods.

Most of the mentioned editors have drag & drop option, it's almost standard today. I'm editing server source, python, lua in Notepad++ and client source in normal Visual Studio. You don't need something else. You only should take care about encoding of files and that's all, what you need.

Edited by ReFresh
  • Love 1

I'll be always helpful! 👊 

• Premium

Visual Studio Code it's life savior for everything. You can code 10 times faster than notepad++. Finding game functions is a lot easier. You can find anything you want in a matter of a second. Visual studio is good too, but i don't like the interface. My screen is too big and i find visual studio code better.

Edited by Speachless
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Speachless said:

Visual Studio Code it's life savior for everything. You can code 10 times faster than notepad++. Finding game functions is a lot easier. You can find anything you want in a matter of a second. Visual studio is good too, but i don't like the interface. My screen is too big and i find visual studio code better.

I can confirm your statement about VS Code. I used it a lot for different projects.

So, if I got it right, I can just drag & drop my server source into VS code and the intellisense would work just fine (auto-completion, parameters info. for methods and so on) ?

• Premium
  • Solution
6 hours ago, duwen123 said:

I can confirm your statement about VS Code. I used it a lot for different projects.

So, if I got it right, I can just drag & drop my server source into VS code and the intellisense would work just fine (auto-completion, parameters info. for methods and so on) ?

Yep. 

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1