Jump to content

What text editor you use for game source?


Go to solution Solved by Speachless,

Recommended Posts

Hello! ? ?

I am curious to find out what text editor or IDE do you guys use for editing game source? I know that for the binary source you can use Visual Studio, with which you build it after all.

But is Notepad++ the only way to only edit the game source?  I don't mind compiling the source using the console. I just find it very difficult to edit the game source only using Notepad++.

My private server: Primus Metin2

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/29797-what-text-editor-you-use-for-game-source/
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ReFresh said:

Sublime Text 3, Visual Studio Code or Atom is not bad too.

So you just drag the folder with the source into one of those editors? And the intellisense works? For eg. parameter info in methods.

My private server: Primus Metin2

spacer.png

  • Active+ Member
58 minutes ago, duwen123 said:

So you just drag the folder with the source into one of those editors? And the intellisense works? For eg. parameter info in methods.

Most of the mentioned editors have drag & drop option, it's almost standard today. I'm editing server source, python, lua in Notepad++ and client source in normal Visual Studio. You don't need something else. You only should take care about encoding of files and that's all, what you need.

Edited by ReFresh
  • Love 1

I'll be always helpful!  😉

  • Premium

Visual Studio Code it's life savior for everything. You can code 10 times faster than notepad++. Finding game functions is a lot easier. You can find anything you want in a matter of a second. Visual studio is good too, but i don't like the interface. My screen is too big and i find visual studio code better.

Edited by Speachless
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Speachless said:

Visual Studio Code it's life savior for everything. You can code 10 times faster than notepad++. Finding game functions is a lot easier. You can find anything you want in a matter of a second. Visual studio is good too, but i don't like the interface. My screen is too big and i find visual studio code better.

I can confirm your statement about VS Code. I used it a lot for different projects.

So, if I got it right, I can just drag & drop my server source into VS code and the intellisense would work just fine (auto-completion, parameters info. for methods and so on) ?

My private server: Primus Metin2

spacer.png

  • Premium
  • Solution
6 hours ago, duwen123 said:

I can confirm your statement about VS Code. I used it a lot for different projects.

So, if I got it right, I can just drag & drop my server source into VS code and the intellisense would work just fine (auto-completion, parameters info. for methods and so on) ?

Yep. 

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.