Quest trigger bug [Serious]

• Premium

Hello devs!

There's a bug on the "quest event trigger".

Particularly I wanna talk about the "when dead or die begin" as example.

If you kinda have a dungeon where the death can stop the run, kinda the Zodiac temple, you can climb over the trigger of the death just by opening a quest.

Yes. If you see ur hp going <= 0, you can fastly open a quest and the  "when" in LUA won't be triggered.

Ok now you can tell me "Check it from cmd_general.cpp too etc.etc.", yep I already fixed the problem, but it's a workround, it annoys me.

Did you find any solution maybe in c++ at the root of the problem?

Did you know already about this problem?

I was thinking, maybe on ::Dead function, check if there are quest opened and close all because of death.

Regards.

Edited by WeedHex

• Premium

The dungeon can't run any set quest flag while you have a quest open so you can even bug the dungeon and have to remake it. One simple way to avoid this was to disable damage while having a quest open so no monster die doing this and no being able to open any quest if you attacked any monster in the last 2-3 seconds. You can even make the boss to respawn for unlimited times in some dungeons. Most owners have no ideea about this bug and it's present on their servers since forever.

Edited by Speachless
  • Love 1

• Premium
10 hours ago, Speachless said:

The dungeon can't run any set quest flag while you have a quest open so you can even bug the dungeon and have to remake it. One simple way to avoid this was to disable damage while having a quest open so no monster die doing this and no being able to open any quest if you attacked any monster in the last 2-3 seconds. You can even make the boss to respawn for unlimited times in some dungeons. Most owners have no ideea about this bug and it's present on their servers since forever.

Thanks for reply. The damage is not enough, for this I was asking if someone faced already this problem, and yes bro, I think too that other owners doesn't know about it directly ahahah!

Edited by WeedHex