Marty src compile on Freebsd13.0 64bit (-m32)

Hello,

I wanted to compile Marty source on a freebsd 13.0 (64bit)

Im using gcc10 and c++20

I was trying but i have Those Errors:

/usr/local/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/gcc10/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd13.0/10.4.0/../../../libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/local/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/gcc10/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd13.0/10.4.0/../../../libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/local/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
/usr/local/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/gcc10/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd13.0/10.4.0/../../../libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++

I have asked Marty and He told me, there are 2 ways to solve:

1. Install Jail

2. He wrote: "the only way to compile on 64bit With -m32 is to Link all the .so from the (e.g.) Extern/libs without taking anything from the system paths (/lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib)"

I dont want to use the jail Method

Is there anyone which Managed it already or can make it? (I wasted now 4 days to make it Work but i wasnt able...)

I would pay for a solution!

Thanks.. i Hope someone can Help

And No i dont want to Work on a 32bit solution, because im working on my Notebook in Future and its to weak to Work With VM there, so i want to Work all on my VPS

• Management

I have contact him, but He told me He dont have it made, i should Install jail, If you Like i can send a Proof of conversation Thats the Problem...

I thought Maybe i can ask Here for Help from Maybe Other costumers.

Edit: Addet Screen spacer.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

I know, but there is for example Owsap which are Working on 64bit

But im Marty costumer but Marty didnt Made and as i can Take Out of Out conversation He dont want to make, because He prefer to use jail, because its easier...

I dont want to make With Jail, i Just need only the corrected Extern With libs inside and the reworked Makefile^^

• Metin2 Dev 1

• Premium
48 minutes ago, JeeX said:

I know, but there is for example Owsap which are Working on 64bit

But im Marty costumer but Marty didnt Made and as i can Take Out of Out conversation He dont want to make, because He prefer to use jail, because its easier...

I dont want to make With Jail, i Just need only the corrected Extern With libs inside and the reworked Makefile^^

Use a jail, way easier (imo). Steps:

• Create a virtual machine with the same freebsd version you wish to install the jail for (the VM 32bit of course)
  • create a file in /etc/ jail.jailname.conf
  • in the file write:
    exec.start = "/bin/sh /etc/rc";
    exec.stop = "/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown";
    exec.clean;
    mount.devfs;

path = "/usr/jails/jailname";

compilejail {
      host.hostname = "jailname";
    }

• BE CAREFUL AT THE EOL: spacer.png
  • create a new folder in usr/jails called jailname
  • tar all your system from your virtual machine and then untar the zip file into usr/jails/jailname (set up your sources inside already)
  • in /etc/rc.conf add:
    jail_enable="YES"
    jail_list="jailname"
  • then on the console type:
    • service jail start jailname

If it doesn't start a reboot may be needed (or just service jail restart?)

Then type jls:

spacer.png

Usually the id should be 1, therefore: jexec 1 and you are into the jail

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Good 2

• Management

I have authorized your topic despite the fact that it is against the protection of sellers. So that you can get help and advice. Keep in mind that the seller may at any time restrict you from accessing updates if you provide access to any part of the source code related to your purchase. I recommend that you, using this topic, get advice and do it yourself, without the intervention of a third party.

• Good 1

16 minutes ago, ASIKOO said:

I have authorized your topic despite the fact that it is against the protection of sellers. So that you can get help and advice. Keep in mind that the seller may at any time restrict you from accessing updates if you provide access to any part of the source code related to your purchase. I recommend that you, using this topic, get advice and do it yourself, without the intervention of a third party.

Thank you!

Its Not in my interest to lose Support from Marty, i Just only would need a Help in Extern/lib to compile on a 64bit machine instead of using jail.

Maybe in this Forum are some costumer from Marty which already Managed it I send Marty also the Link that He is in knowledge.

There is No way to Share some parts. I will Take all eyes on that this wont Happen!!!

53 minutes ago, xXIntelXx said:

Use a jail, way easier (imo). Steps:

• Create a virtual machine with the same freebsd version you wish to install the jail for (the VM 32bit of course)
  • create a file in /etc/ jail.jailname.conf
  • in the file write:
    exec.start = "/bin/sh /etc/rc";
    exec.stop = "/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown";
    exec.clean;
    mount.devfs;

path = "/usr/jails/jailname";

compilejail {
      host.hostname = "jailname";
    }

• BE CAREFUL AT THE EOL: spacer.png
  • create a new folder in usr/jails called jailname
  • tar all your system from your virtual machine and then untar the zip file into usr/jails/jailname (set up your sources inside already)
  • in /etc/rc.conf add:
    jail_enable="YES"
    jail_list="jailname"
  • then on the console type:
    • service jail start jailname

If it doesn't start a reboot may be needed (or just service jail restart?)

Then type jls:

spacer.png

Usually the id should be 1, therefore: jexec 1 and you are into the jail

Thank you for the explanation, If there are No ways to make With Extern I will try it With this way!

Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Premium
39 minutes ago, JeeX said:

Thank you!

Its Not in my interest to lose Support from Marty, i Just only would need a Help in Extern/lib to compile on a 64bit machine instead of using jail.

Maybe in this Forum are some costumer from Marty which already Managed it I send Marty also the Link that He is in knowledge.

There is No way to Share some parts. I will Take all eyes on that this wont Happen!!!

Thank you for the explanation, If there are No ways to make With Extern I will try it With this way!

No problem. I know the jail can be frustrating (especially when trying to update stuff, because you gotta do it all over again), but you'd need to re-compile the libs anyway at some point so, it's basically almost the same. There's always the other option: remove -m32 and.. well, pray to make everything working compiled at 64bit lol

• kekw 1

15 minutes ago, xXIntelXx said:

No problem. I know the jail can be frustrating (especially when trying to update stuff, because you gotta do it all over again), but you'd need to re-compile the libs anyway at some point so, it's basically almost the same. There's always the other option: remove -m32 and.. well, pray to make everything working compiled at 64bit lol

I know, Marty told me Yesterday He Managed But for V10, idk If WE will get Access to the 64bit rework ^^ still waiting of His But mit Sure If there are some Other Problems then, when New Systems will be installed ...^^. its Not save and stable... I prefer to use With -32 cflag in a 64bit machine

Update: i think i got it myself, i wasnt able to made it Working With gcc10, but ive changed now to clang++90 and c++17

I was able to compile, but need to make Further tests, If its stable enought (because of c++20 -> c++17 and gcc10 -> clang++90) ...

Any knowledge about clang++90?

Should there Big changes needed ? (Because im pretty unsure If i missed something and now some Problems will appear!...)

• Premium
9 minutes ago, JeeX said:

Update: i think i got it myself, i wasnt able to made it Working With gcc10, but ive changed now to clang++90 and c++17

I was able to compile, but need to make Further tests, If its stable enought (because of c++20 -> c++17 and gcc10 -> clang++90) ...

Any knowledge about clang++90?

Should there Big changes needed ? (Because im pretty unsure If i missed something and now some Problems will appear!...)

I myself would prefer gcc (btw clang supports c++20 as well: https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support obviously depending on what feature you'd need, but I'd argue you'd not miss anything useful for metin. For me in particolar it's for constexpr std::string_view/std::array, std::map.contains() ) but if there wouldn't have been any issues with c++20, you should not have much problem. Obviously testing is always required, you'd never know!

Edited by xXIntelXx
  • Good 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, back again. I revert clang90 because I had some problems with the changes.

Now a different question:

I'm trying to compile source on 64bit with -m64 flag (yes I know the datatypes need to be changed - that's very easy to me. But I have a problem...) Db core is done but I get a error on game core compile (something related with cryptopp

spacer.png

spacer.png

I hope someone knows how to make that, I would pay for it too. The source itself i can make myself it's just because of extern I think.

(Also I wont give access to Source files!)

I usually need help at information how i can make that - i tryed now V5 Extern and v10 extern Cryptopp, also 8.2.0 Cryptopp but I don't know how to be able to compile it fill. Datatypes are correct and already changed because of 64bit.

Thank you!

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Good 1