Fix internet speed after installing/using hamachi

• Premium

Hello metin2dev!

You might've noticed that after using hamachi (if you still do, i recommend moving to localhost directly, since it's a outdated method anyway to use hamachi)
that your internet speed went considerably down like it was being limited.
The problem is from hamachi limiting the system while using their free version.

You can fix this problem easily from cmd.

First let's check the changed values AND if they're even modified.

Open cmd with administrator and run the following command:

netsh interface tcp show global

If "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" is disabled, you need to enable it again. In order to do that, run the next command into the command line:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Now, an optional step, you might want to enable "Receive-Side Scaling State" as well, hamachi might've changed this value too. We'll do it with the following command:

netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled

After doing these steps you can do a speedtest and should see the differences before & after using hamachi.

• Good 2
  • Love 3
  • Love 1

• Active+ Member
3 hours ago, dumita123 said:

Hello metin2dev!

You might've noticed that after using hamachi (if you still do, i recommend moving to localhost directly, since it's a outdated method anyway to use hamachi)
that your internet speed went considerably down like it was being limited.
The problem is from hamachi limiting the system while using their free version.

You can fix this problem easily from cmd.

First let's check the changed values AND if they're even modified.

Open cmd with administrator and run the following command:

netsh interface tcp show global

If "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" is disabled, you need to enable it again. In order to do that, run the next command into the command line:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Now, an optional step, you might want to enable "Receive-Side Scaling State" as well, hamachi might've changed this value too. We'll do it with the following command:

netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled

After doing these steps you can do a speedtest and should see the differences before & after using hamachi.

Thank you! I'm still using Hamachi because I have 2 servers running simultaneously on my machine..  I didn't event think Hamachi was the cause of my slow internet speed.

• Love 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Active+ Member

I dont use hamachi, but i use RadminVPN, its like a better version of Hamachi, and yes, both hamachi and radmin and other type of programs like this are still in use in 2022, just because the majority of people dont use them, doesn't mean they are useless, for example, i use it for creating multiple servers, not only metin, and paying for a vps/host for each individual server would be impossible, and port forwarding isn't an option since my ISP doesn't allow it,  and this way, my ip is also more hidden

• Good 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.