Bug-free offlineshop system?

Hey everyone, just wondering is there any public offline-shop system that is bug-free and won't have the notorious security holes we've seen recently, or any of the memory leaks? such a thing exists?

And if i have to buy it, who is the best developer to buy from?

• Contributor

Some popular offline shops in timeline:

On 4/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, TMP4 said:

Some popular offline shops in timeline:

which one has the least memory leaks? ? 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:57 PM, Amun said:

No.

I think most people use offline shop by great, however, I believe that's the one with the crazy bug that duplicates items, so you'll have to fix that since I don't know if there's any public fix.

Regarding a dev selling one, I don't know, sorry.

I read somewhere that the duplicate item issue is from channel switcher I think

• Contributor
25 minutes ago, covfefe said:

which one has the least memory leaks? ? 

I used Ken's and still using it on my test srv. I don't think it has any memory leaks but it uses direct queries for each action, which is not the end of the world but after all I can't recommend it against Ikarus's shop, they're not in the same level. So if you don't mind going for a paid solution then buy from Ikarus.

I can't recommend Great shop since you have to do a lot of work with it and I did not tried Rakancito's shop.

• Contributor
35 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

I used Ken's and still using it on my test srv. I don't think it has any memory leaks but it uses direct queries for each action, which is not the end of the world but after all I can't recommend it against Ikarus's shop, they're not in the same level. So if you don't mind going for a paid solution then buy from Ikarus.

I can't recommend Great shop since you have to do a lot of work with it and I did not tried Rakancito's shop.

I think it kind of depends on the server and the number of I/O|R/W operations. If he has a shitty server and wants to hold 2-3k players, those direct queries might get slower and slower, thus slowing down the whole server. Of course, this is just assuming that all the players look in all the shops at the same time.

In practice, even if you have 2-3000 players, only a really small number of them is going to look into shops at the same time.. Like, if there's 50 players looking in the shops with an average of 10-20 items per shop, let's say he needs to handle about 500-1000 operations per second(I don't think anyone opens more than one shop per second).

Now, is that a lot considering that there's other parts using the database at the same time? Well, I don't know, it depends on the hardware. With a relatively ok server matching the number of active players, I would say nah, it won't make any difference. 

Would it help having some form of cache? Well, yes, that would be a no brainer. Taking some load off of the db is certainly going to help in peak/high traffic hours, but again.. how big of a difference is the offline shop going to make?

On an ending note, I don't know why I wrote all of this, but whatever. ?

Have a good day xD

• Love 1