Hosting for MT2 srv

• Premium

Hello,
I was able to successfully run the server on FreeBSD 13 and I would like to know about hosting options with good AntiDDOS quality. I used to use OVH for my projects, but I heard that OVH has a problem hosting servers at this company because it is said to work with GmForge.

What is the best solution for long-term server operation? I don't want my server deleted in a few months.

Thank you

• Good 1

• Premium

Hi. 🙂
Im using the best Hungarian hosting, named vps4you.hu.
They have strong AntiDDOS.
Their website is fully automatized. So if you buy a VPS or anything, you will get the password, username, everything.
You can re-install you VPS any time you want.
The site is available in english too.

I just recommend them.

Sorry for my bad english.

• muscle 1
  • Love 1

Ulthar

• Premium
5 minutes ago, guessd said:

Advertising is not allowed

The question was different from the one you answered. The question is which hosting is good. Its only for review. See similar posts before commenting. Thanks

Edited by matyasvane

• Premium

Okay, its good for host server GAME Plan by OVH? Or this i dont need?

Specification:
Plan: Rise-1
CPU: Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
DISK: 2x SSD NVMe 512GB Enterprise Class Soft RAID
NET: Unlimited traffic - 500Mbps bandwidth

Its okay for MT2 server? How many players i can get on this server?

Use OVH for dedicated, but not for your website.

Now, I always use the RISE plan, why? Because it is cheaper and much better for what metin2 uses.

CPU : Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz / 3.9GHz
Memory : From 32 GB to 64 GB DDR4 ECC
Storage: HDD SATA
Public bandwidth: From 100 Mb/s to 250 Mb/s - Limited traffic 10 TB
Private Bandwidth : No private bandwidth

• Contributor
On 2/21/2022 at 9:11 PM, matyasvane said:

Okay, its good for host server GAME Plan by OVH? Or this i dont need?

Specification:
Plan: Rise-1
CPU: Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
DISK: 2x SSD NVMe 512GB Enterprise Class Soft RAID
NET: Unlimited traffic - 500Mbps bandwidth

Its okay for MT2 server? How many players i can get on this server?

I don't know if I'm late to the party or not, but 32GB ram is useless if you're just getting started. I would advise to do the math for about 5mb ram per player.. and even that is probably way more than needed.

If you estimate 5-600 players online, just get one with 4 or 8 GB ram.

Edit: Also, get your players first, don't worry about getting your server closed, that can be solved by getting another VPS or changing the company, which wouldn't take more than a couple hours anyway.

Edited by Amun
More advice
  • Love 1

• Premium
2 hours ago, Amun said:

I don't know if I'm late to the party or not, but 32GB ram is useless if you're just getting started. I would advise to do the math for about 5mb ram per player.. and even that is probably way more than needed.

If you estimate 5-600 players online, just get one with 4 or 8 GB ram.

Edit: Also, get your players first, don't worry about getting your server closed, that can be solved by getting another VPS or changing the company, which wouldn't take more than a couple hours anyway.

Full answer. Thank you..the problem is that OVH does not offer dedicated servers with less RAM than those mentioned. It offers VPS, but it is not possible to install FreeBSD

• Contributor
11 minutes ago, matyasvane said:

Full answer. Thank you..the problem is that OVH does not offer dedicated servers with less RAM than those mentioned. It offers VPS, but it is not possible to install FreeBSD

I would go with the one that's easiest for you to set up.

There's lots and lots of options, like:

Linode:

https://www.linode.com/docs/guides/install-freebsd-on-linode/

Digital Ocean:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-get-started-with-freebsd

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tags/freebsd?language=en

Vultr:

https://www.vultr.com/servers/freebsd/

And these are just a few. There's also Google cloud and AWS, but these are painful to set up and quite expensive.

And all of them give 100-300$ free credit for 3 months(or more) to get started.

However, remember what I said earlier: Always choose the option that's easiest to set up and get started.

Hope it helps, I'm looking forward to seeing your server!

Cheers!

• Contributor
14 minutes ago, matyasvane said:

@Amun

Thank you very much, in terms of the listed ones, who would you personally choose to have some working AntiDDOS protection?

Honestly, I believe DDoS protection is just a marketing shit. They all need strong infrastructures and bot protections are becoming better and better, so you should be good with any of them. If anyone's flooding your server, they'd have to find a way to bypass all of that.

Yet, if anyone manages to do it, (from my experience)the company won't do shit, because the infrastructure can handle it, so the problem is your server's capacity of handling concurrent requests.

Also.. do people still do that? It's 2022, for fuck's sake :)).

Edited by Amun
  • Love 1