GR2 -> FBX Exporter [+ Source]

• Former Staff

This is the hidden content, please

Metin2 Download

Hey, I will keep this short and simple.

I had been playing around in the last days with exporting GR2 to a format that you can use in other software. Everything I found did not include skeleton / animation export.

You can do stuff like this with it: https://metin2.download/video/i9E288Uehmx50MyL4qkT9fzWzAbpDxJX/.mp4

Usage:
Just drag and drop all gr2 files you want to export as an fbx file. Keep follwing in mind:

• Animations need a skeleton, always include one, if you are after the animation just put the lvl 1 armor of the class or the base model of the monster into it
  • If you are selecting multiple files to drag on it select them with CTRL and select the file with the skeleton last
  • This was basically created as POC, no fancy quality of life here
  • Trees and collision files are not supported
  • If you put the Textures to the correct D:\ymir work path they will be converted to PNG and put into the working folder too
  • Credit for the base library that does most of the heavy lifting goes to: 

Download

https://img.sidia.net/ZEyI5/MEnIzUKe86.rar

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 210
  • Eyes 13
  • Dislove 3
  • Angry 2
  • Not Good 1
  • Sad 3
  • Cry 1
  • Think 5
  • Confused 3
  • Lmao 2
  • Good 92
  • Love 19
  • Love 147

Hey thank you for your efforts. I dont know why , but it doesnt work on my side. I dragged on it a gr2 file and from cmd i clearly see it says exported successfully but i dont have any fbx file in the same folder. What could be happening? Thank you!

Edited by ranvids
grammar fix

• Former Staff
3 hours ago, ranvids said:

Hey thank you for your efforts. I dont know why , but it doesnt work on my side. I dragged on it a gr2 file and from cmd i clearly see it says exported successfully but i dont have any fbx file in the same folder. What could be happening? Thank you!

What contents are in the gr2 file?

23 hours ago, .InyaProduction said:

What contents are in the gr2 file?

Gr2 file contain a uv mapped mesh, group of vertices, materials, animations, skeletons, custom normals, multiple uv channels mesh and such.

I ended up using Noesis exporter along with a python plugin ( fmt_GR2reader135.py ) and granny.dll , which export everything, included skeletons. I just hoped for the same features but packaged in an handy .exe file .... like your software

Edited by ranvids

• Former Staff
On 2/8/2022 at 4:03 PM, ranvids said:

Gr2 file contain a uv mapped mesh, group of vertices, materials, animations, skeletons, custom normals, multiple uv channels mesh and such.

I ended up using Noesis exporter along with a python plugin ( fmt_GR2reader135.py ) and granny.dll , which export everything, included skeletons. I just hoped for the same features but packaged in an handy .exe file .... like your software

Was that gr2 file from metin2? Does not sound like it

@ranvids if you still have troubles with the tool and it's ok with you, open an issue at 

and attach the gr2 file to it or PM me here with the gr2 file attached to it. I can sort out the issue and provide a solution or at least try 😉

Edited by Anohros
  • Metin2 Dev 38
  • Eyes 1
  • Not Good 2
  • Think 3
  • Good 13
  • Love 20

• Former Staff
On 2/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, Anohros said:

@ranvids if you still have troubles with the tool and it's ok with you, open an issue at 

and attach the gr2 file to it or PM me here with the gr2 file attached to it. I can sort out the issue and provide a solution or at least try 😉

By the way, one thing I changed: you should change the DeviL convert from PNG to PNGA so it also converts the alpha channel of the DDS files

• Metin2 Dev 2
  • Eyes 1
  • Good 2
  • Love 3

• Bronze

Hi. I nearly finished my Gui for this Stuff. You can select a whole directory, It recognize which one is animation which one is model. Its quiet simple but its useful.

193213AutoIt3-gPI5jYhf9y.png

Now i had to configure if it player model, or NPC,  or just simple object. Soon I released, all credits goes to @.InyaProduction

• Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 2

giphy.gif

Best regards, Arlinamid

• Bronze

Metin2 Download

Finally I finished the GUI.

I'm little bit modified an orginal source just for passing arguments

What you can do with this

• select a whole directory with double click
  • deselect multitiple files with you didn' want
  • recognize wich file are models which one animation ( it has msa its an animation)
  • select output directory
  • reselect input directory

If you selecting whole Ymir work folder take a while (3-5 minutes) for scanning files.

In the log  you can follow the exporting mechanism.

If you had any question or has a problem write to me. I will help you.

Cheers. 

.png

Update

Update rev 0.0.8

- with double click now you can modify Model/Anim Status (choose from dropdown menu)

-with double click you can select a model for animation ( It have to stayed on same folder, choose from dropdown menu)  under ymir work auto searching for model

If you had ymir work folder structure you dont have to searching  model  for pc-s animation it automaticly adding novice armour

if not you have to set it up.

Update  rev 0.0.7

Granny2Exporter has been updated

-fbxsdk 2020.3.1 is used  I hope it fix bones errors

- Bindpose warning fixed. (It you get it when you importing to 3d modeler app)

-log creation will be in next version

I've found some bug I correct it.

Update rev 0.0.6:

-added option for output texture conversion (PNG/TGA).

-fixed some output directory conversion ( eg. d:\ymir work\pc2\shaman  ==> d:\test\out\pc2\shaman)

Edited by arlinamid
rev.0.0.8 update, fixed Gui errors
  • Metin2 Dev 67
  • Eyes 2
  • Dislove 1
  • Angry 3
  • Scream 2
  • Lmao 1
  • Good 31
  • Love 5
  • Love 51

giphy.gif

Best regards, Arlinamid

• Bronze
23 hours ago, GDTR said:

It worked but I choose different folder path to export, it doesn't extract it there

I fixed a gui and also  adding some fancy icons, and build a static(standalone) version of GrannyExporter, it doesnt need any dlls for working ( granny2 or devil).

Cheers 

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

giphy.gif

Best regards, Arlinamid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bronze
13 hours ago, GeoGeo123 said:

merhaba, araç için teşekkürler harika, ama bu hata hakkında bir şey biliyor musun?
(3ds max'ta içe aktarırken)

İçeriği gizle

nMGkzqm.png

ve bu

İçeriği gizle

animasyonla model içe aktarma işleminden sonra bazı kemikler doğru yerde değil
bmALLHv.png

jMRVzJx.png

Hello, unfortunately

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1
  • Love 1

No advertising in signatures

• Bronze
14 hours ago, GeoGeo123 said:

hi, thanks for the tool it's awesome, but you know anything about this error?
(when importing in 3ds max)

Reveal hidden contents

nMGkzqm.png

and this

Reveal hidden contents

some bones are not in the right place after model import with animation
bmALLHv.png

jMRVzJx.png

I will make A log creator for Granny2Exporter and we will see whats happening. 

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1
  • Love 1

giphy.gif

Best regards, Arlinamid

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.