Never use your real password on a Metin2 private server

covfefe

Some admins WILL go out of their way to invade your privacy.. There used to be some guy called "Rumor", who got banned from this board a few years ago. Anyway, when I gained access to his accounts database, guess what I found? He had all his players' accounts passwords displayed in a plaintext field so he could see all your passwords. Why would he want to see your passwords? 🙂 From that day, I learned to never use any of my regular passwords on any private server. I hope this serves as a warning for anyone out there who didn't know how corrupt people can get. Never trust anyone in the Metin2 scene.

Stay safe.

Edited by covfefe

• Developer

I think that is needless to say, but the whole boat sinks the moment you share accounts with other people. Everyone is responsible for whatever happens to their accounts, and the ownership of one is usually determined through the e-mail it is registered with.

The server you registered in may take every single security measure for their users, but if an account is stolen or accessed by another person than not the owner, that only means the owner was careless for their account. And these situations often happen when sensible data such as IDs, passwords and e-mails are shared between one another.

That said, it not only comes down to shady staff. Some users are simply stupid.
Good reminder nevertheless.

Note: To clarify when I say you I don't refer to the OP specifically.

Edited by PACI

when you return 0 and server doesn't boot:

unknown.png