Getting DDOS protection

TonisBoss

Question

I got VPS server and I want to protect it from DDOS attacks. I did some firewall rules at freebsd but i think it isn't much.
Is there and option from third-party protection?
My hosting provider hasn't DDOS protection. My website runs at different IP.
Thank you in Advance.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

9 answers to this question

Well you need to get with a hosting provider that provides DDoS protection. That's usually the first line of defence and you're compromising on it. Increase your bandwidth capacity too.

Edited by covfefe

2 hours ago, TonisBoss said:

Do you know any host that provides FreeBSD 13.0? OVH doesn't provide FreeBSD in any vps server or game server.

To be honest, I haven't hosted a server in years, so, not to the best of my knowledge. Have you checked Hetzner out? Btw why FreeBSD 13.0 specifically, if I may ask?

2 minutes ago, TonisBoss said:

Because my serverfiles support only version 13

Oh I see, sorry I couldn't be of much help. But just know that using firewall as a sole DDoS protection is a bad idea. Good luck.

10Gbit/s OVH Server is the only solution you can get. Otherwise you are easily attackable. Even OVH 1Gbit/s has some exploit and they can make your server offline in seconds. 10Gbit/s is really hard to get DDoS, anyone will need a lot of bandwith to make your server unavailable. For web, PAID Cloudflare (MAYBE!!!). Only if our project is very serious, because 10Gbit is $$$$$$$$$. Otherwise any OVH Dedicated Game Server.

Edited by Minton