Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I got VPS server and I want to protect it from DDOS attacks. I did some firewall rules at freebsd but i think it isn't much.
Is there and option from third-party protection?
My hosting provider hasn't DDOS protection. My website runs at different IP.
Thank you in Advance.
 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28586-getting-ddos-protection/
Share on other sites

Well you need to get with a hosting provider that provides DDoS protection. That's usually the first line of defence and you're compromising on it. Increase your bandwidth capacity too.

Edited by covfefe
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28586-getting-ddos-protection/#findComment-146839
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TonisBoss said:

Do you know any host that provides FreeBSD 13.0? OVH doesn't provide FreeBSD in any vps server or game server.

To be honest, I haven't hosted a server in years, so, not to the best of my knowledge. Have you checked Hetzner out? Btw why FreeBSD 13.0 specifically, if I may ask?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28586-getting-ddos-protection/#findComment-146853
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TonisBoss said:

Because my serverfiles support only version 13

Oh I see, sorry I couldn't be of much help. But just know that using firewall as a sole DDoS protection is a bad idea. Good luck.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28586-getting-ddos-protection/#findComment-146855
Share on other sites

10Gbit/s OVH Server is the only solution you can get. Otherwise you are easily attackable. Even OVH 1Gbit/s has some exploit and they can make your server offline in seconds. 10Gbit/s is really hard to get DDoS, anyone will need a lot of bandwith to make your server unavailable. For web, PAID Cloudflare (MAYBE!!!). Only if our project is very serious, because 10Gbit is $$$$$$$$$. Otherwise any OVH Dedicated Game Server.

Edited by Minton

🖥️ SysAdmin — Government (HU)
🛠️ Freelance Metin2 Dev • DevOps
🐧 FreeBSD / Linux | 🛡️ Security & WAF | 🚀 Performance | 🔥 Firewalls | ⚙ Automation
Open to work - Contact me on Discord @matteo_r

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/28586-getting-ddos-protection/#findComment-146887
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.