3ds max - character and weapon

You could always just treat that specific NPC like a PC through ::SetRace in ActorInstanceData(register all the body parts) and add the part like it's attaching an actual weapon to the model.
Here's how I did it:

Spoiler
case NRaceData::ATTACHING_DATA_TYPE_WEAPON:
			{
				CGraphicThing * m_pModelThing = (CGraphicThing *)CResourceManager::Instance().GetResourcePointer(c_pAttachingData->pWeaponData->strFileName.c_str());

RegisterModelThing(CRaceData::PART_WEAPON, m_pModelThing);
				SetModelInstance(CRaceData::PART_WEAPON, CRaceData::PART_WEAPON, 0);
				AttachModelInstance(CRaceData::PART_MAIN, c_pAttachingData->strAttachingBoneName.c_str(), CRaceData::PART_WEAPON);
				break;
			}

• Love 1

• Active+ Member
10 hours ago, boaspessoal said:

You could always just treat that specific NPC like a PC through ::SetRace in ActorInstanceData(register all the body parts) and add the part like it's attaching an actual weapon to the model.
Here's how I did it:

Hide contents
case NRaceData::ATTACHING_DATA_TYPE_WEAPON:
			{
				CGraphicThing * m_pModelThing = (CGraphicThing *)CResourceManager::Instance().GetResourcePointer(c_pAttachingData->pWeaponData->strFileName.c_str());

RegisterModelThing(CRaceData::PART_WEAPON, m_pModelThing);
				SetModelInstance(CRaceData::PART_WEAPON, CRaceData::PART_WEAPON, 0);
				AttachModelInstance(CRaceData::PART_MAIN, c_pAttachingData->strAttachingBoneName.c_str(), CRaceData::PART_WEAPON);
				break;
			}

Thank you very much bro. Does it work like this?
And where exactly do I need to add this?