Jump to content

[HowTo] The "hello world" of metin2


Go to solution Solved by VegaS™,

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

 

So I'm getting back to a game i loved and i wanna customise a server, but I really get lost on it all, what I'm asking is for a little bump, a little success from which i can build upon.

I'm pretty good with python/OOP which I saw is client side, in the packages, but i got no idea how to create a server side function(C++ Embbedes python) that passes a value to the client, and actually display the value in the client (reveiced by the client, and displayed by ther UI) so basically, i need the "hello world" of metin2 that would look like this:

 

Given:

UI definted button called "Start"

Client side function/class Method named "onStartClick" that calls a Server-Side method "getHelloWorld" which returns to the clientside method (Or to another clientside method) a string called "Hello world"

Client side UI displays the string received from serverside in the UI saying "Hello world" in a little grey box.

 

 

I hope this isn't viewed as a negative thing, I just work better with examples.

I'm good with python, OOP, not so much with C++ but i catch up fast, just as a fyi.

 

Thanks :D

Edited by astroNOT
Clarifications
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/26057-howto-the-hello-world-of-metin2/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/8/2021 at 7:57 PM, VegaS™ said:

 

While it's a great post, I've got into trouble when it came to the button creation, i don't know in which module to create the button_event method, and under what class, if you got any idea :D, ive left a commet on the actual post also.

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.