Biologist quests starting all together?

Hello to everyone!

First of all: thanks for your time and support, this forum is such a massive useful resource!
I'm writing this post because I could not find anything regarding my problem; it's been some days since I'm having to deal with it.

The problem occurs when I'm tryng to import and compile the originals "collect_quest_lv**": the ones from the biologist.

I started with uploading "collect_quest_lv30", compiled it; everything works fine, the quest gets working.
Then I've uploaded "collect_quest_lv40" and I've compiled it: this get activated even if I didn't finish the first one!

I started to check the quests and they seem good to me:

This is collect_quest_lv30 at its end

when ***  begin

clear_letter()
			set_quest_state("collect_quest_lv40", "run") --**THIS SHOULD ACTIVATE THE NEW QUEST @ "RUN" STATE
			set_state(__complete)
		end

This is collect_quest_lv40 at its beginning

state start begin
	end --** START STATE CORRECTLY EMPTY 
	state run begin --** RUN STATE MUST BE THE POINT WHERE IT GETS ACTIVATED BY THE LAST QUEST
		when login or levelup with pc.level >= 40 begin
			set_state(information)
		end
	end

There must be something stupid I'm missing.
I'll be glad if someone could address me to the undestanding of the issue!

Cheers!

On 1/4/2021 at 11:22 PM, mast210 said:

Make sure they have different names of top of the quest file:

quest collect_quest_lv30  begin

quest collect_quest_lv40  begin

Make new character to test if it works fine of shutdown ur server and check in database player->table quest if you dont have set __status for your character in those quests.

Thanks for your prompt reply @mast210!

After a good night of sleep I managed to undestand what was the issue: as I said, it was something stupid!

I've completely forgot the fact that I've tested the quests one by one when I did acquired it, some weeks ago.
So the quest flags were still active on my testing character and when I did upload all the package, obviously, this triggered all those unfinished quests.

Checking on the DB under the table "quest" allowed me to delete all those flags and after resetting the service, everything worked like a charm!

Thank you very mutch for your support!

This issue is happily #SOLVED : kindly requesting to close it

Edited by Macromango

4 hours ago, Macromango said:

Thanks for your prompt reply @mast210!

After a good night of sleep I managed to undestand what was the issue: as I said, it was something stupid!

I've completely forgot the fact that I've tested the quests one by one when I did acquired it, some weeks ago.
So the quest flags were still active on my testing character and when I did upload all the package, obviously, this triggered all those unfinished quests.

Checking on the DB under the table "quest" allowed me to delete all those flags and after resetting the service, everything worked like a charm!

Thank you very mutch for your support!

This issue is happily #SOLVED : kindly requesting to close it

Hi, i just want to give you a tip for a better usage of the states. You can use the "enter" event for handlings such as initializing missions or sending letters, that way it won't require relog for players in order to receive their letters or to continue the missions.

• Love 1

As long as I'll be a threat for you , i will always be your target :3

23 hours ago, Braxy said:

Hi, i just want to give you a tip for a better usage of the states. You can use the "enter" event for handlings such as initializing missions or sending letters, that way it won't require relog for players in order to receive their letters or to continue the missions.

Thanks for such a wonderful tip, @Braxy!

Since I've never programmed in "Lua" language, I'm basically learning it from checking the original Metin2 quest files and making my own scripts for testing the various mechanisms.

It's actually intuitive if you have some general programming knowledge, but tips like the one you've pointed me to, are a plus!

Thanks again!