[question] metin2 translate r34083

One more question about translate: do i have to edit item_proto, mob_proto separately for server side, client and database or is there any way to do it once for all of them? because if you have to do it tree times its pretty stupid.  I work now on 40k files. i see that server side item_proto has different items than database and client. Is server item_proto working at all?

Thank you.

One more question about translate: do i have to edit item_proto, mob_proto separately for server side, client and database or is there any way to do it once for all of them? because if you have to do it tree times its pretty stupid.  I work now on 40k files. i see that server side item_proto has different items than database and client. Is server item_proto working at all?

Thank you.

client you can directly use gf translated file

server you need to edit (item name/mob name) on the db directory

tip : there are tool that make them search on this forum

for a better item proto use this way (protocole if you want to call it so)

client>xml>sql>txt

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2014, 8:48:21, asdlolxd said:

Just take locale_en from the languege you want and drop them , otherwise it will take time to translate manualy.

client :

locale string

item proto

item list

serverside:

translate.lua

npc quotes on quests

item names

item proto

mob proto

mob names

how to