Jump to content

[Question]Random client crash with no syserr


Go to solution Solved by Geoffrey,

Recommended Posts

Hello, metin2dev community!

I'm encountering a very strange problem with a new serverfile I'm working on.

Sometimes, when I change the character or I teleport etc, right after the loading screen the client crashes.

I get no syserr in the serverside(also the syslog looks ok) or clientside, only a minidump generated by the client with this error:

Unhandled exception at 0x007A89BE (Metin2Client.exe) in metin2client_40999_20201017_200808.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03C00000.

I tried turning off the antivirus(I thought that maybe it's using some files or detecting them as virus and that is the cause, but nothing changed).

If I unpack the client in D:/ymir work it doesn't crash anymore.

Does anyone have any idea..?

Thank you!

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/24715-questionrandom-client-crash-with-no-syserr/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In Visual Studio, after debugging, I came up to this:

Metin2Client.exe!memcpy(unsigned char * dst, unsigned char * src, unsigned long count) Line 194.

But I don't know how to find out actually  where is this line located.

In Debug version of the client there's no crash.
 

EDIT:

The topic can be closed now.

After playing around with some things, even though the debug outcome didn't bring me any result I've found the problem.

Actually, it was only a problem about the loading and loading bar images, i don't know why this happened.

I replaced the images with mine and moved them into locale(they were in ETC/UI before) and the problem is gone(yay).

Thank you for the answer ASIKOO, at least now I've learned a new thing(that you can live debug metin2).

Sincerely,

regal.

Edited by regal
Found out the answer, yay

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.