Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi community,
I have such a pretty tricky problem with locale_string.txt, I need to translate the word into Czech, which means I have to have diacritics in this file. I can easily save this file as UTF8, but the server always takes the original translation, but if I leave it in the EUC-KR encoding, the translation will remain without diacritics..


Could you help me with this problem?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/24028-locale_stringtxt-encoding-problem/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GoldCash said:

Hi community,
I have such a pretty tricky problem with locale_string.txt, I need to translate the word into Czech, which means I have to have diacritics in this file. I can easily save this file as UTF8, but the server always takes the original translation, but if I leave it in the EUC-KR encoding, the translation will remain without diacritics..


Could you help me with this problem?

 

Hey there, I had same issue and i managed to solve it by replacing the locale_string.txt with my original one (untouched). After I opened it only with internal notepad made the editing and it worked out, not only cz, but several other languages with diacritics  like tr de it etc... (never use notepad ++ or other editor on locale_string, ONLY use internal winscp editor)

Edit: oh, one more thing ... dont download the locale_string on your pc/laptop etc, do the editing on server side.

This is not a fix, but it solve my problem, and I hope it will solve your's as well. 

Edited by joint4

UTF8? For Czech?! xd

Try use brain...

Use charset windows1250 (Central European) and save as charset no instadead save..


Edit: CZ - UTF8 neumí diakritiku je to mezinárodní univerzal.. Musíš použít charset co jsem ti napsal a před zápisem prvně otevři locale_string.txt - já používám sublime místo notepadu.. V něm dej reopen with encoding.. Dej windows1250.. Zapiš si vše co chceš a pak to s tím ulož..

Edited by Cunoo
18 minutes ago, Cunoo said:

UTF8? For Czech?! xd

Try use brain...

Use charset windows1250 (Central European) and save as charset no instadead save..


Edit: CZ - UTF8 neumí diakritiku je to mezinárodní univerzal.. Musíš použít charset co jsem ti napsal a před zápisem prvně otevři locale_string.txt - já používám sublime místo notepadu.. V něm dej reopen with encoding.. Dej windows1250.. Zapiš si vše co chceš a pak to s tím ulož..

Toto už jsem zkoušel s více editorama a nic se nezměnilo, akorát to ve hře začalo psát korejský znaky
Tak nevím jak, ale nakonec se to rozjelo :D

Edited by GoldCash
SOLVED - THX Cunoo & joint4

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.