Losing stuff & not saving progress

Hello everyone

I'm facing a huge and strange problem which is ..

after awhile of playing .. levels or items or yang could be lost 

not literally lost its kinda you have the levels or items or yang the day before or an hours ago

My client's end game option is without wait time to save progress i thought that was the problem but still ...

Can anyone help me with this nightmare ?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shogun said:

What do you mean "without wait time"? The cache is saved every hour by default, you should not change it if you don't know what you are doing.

Your MySQL tables could also be corrupted, check /var/db/mysql/hostname.err

I mean the Exit game option with no wait time .. once you click it forcefully closes  

• Premium
1 hour ago, Shogun said:

Well I don't think YMIR put that there just to be annoying. The data needs to be saved on the db.

Actually, the 10 seconds wait time is just simply kind of annoying, but nothing else. I mean, what if the player crashes, the player's PC crashes, the player's internet cuts off, etc..? The server won't save its data? It should. My guess would be your first thought, corrupt MySQL tables, or something else in the background, but definitely not connected to the in-game "Exit game" option.

Edited by xHeaven
typo

• Forum Moderator

If I had a script that automatically back-up database and if the problem was for everyone, I would check it just in case. Like, if you don't do anything stupid that overrides your tables.

If it is during shutdown, it's better to simply shutdown and wait for at least seven minutes before stopping the game and db for the cache to be saved to the database.

If it is out of thin air to random players, I would definitely check my syserr and my syslog. Any packet loss? Any iddle? Any lags or core-crashes (if you have an auto-restarter)?

Then I would check MySQL, if the tables are not corrupted, if a query isn't overflowing a field, if the Sql process is running as it should and so on.

If you didn't touch anything related to db cache, and if it happens only in some cases, it's most likely a MySQL problem, check player & item tables as well.

Edited by Gurgarath

Gurgarath
coming soon

On 4/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, Shogun said:

What do you mean "without wait time"? The cache is saved every hour by default, you should not change it if you don't know what you are doing.

Your MySQL tables could also be corrupted, check /var/db/mysql/hostname.err

as you can see here

p_1566544em1.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Premium

All I see there is you need to run mysql_upgrade, and if your server is in the same machine as this MySQL server, then you should restrict connections to localhost and use the SSH tunnel option in Navicat to connect yourself. Other than that, I don't see anything relevant.

In my.cnf:

bind-address    =  127.0.0.1

socket                = /tmp/mysql.sock

Then edit the CONFIG files in your cores and make sure they are using either SOCKET or 127.0.0.1 as connection IP.

And then show the syserr in your db and game core.

18 hours ago, Shogun said:

All I see there is you need to run mysql_upgrade, and if your server is in the same machine as this MySQL server, then you should restrict connections to localhost and use the SSH tunnel option in Navicat to connect yourself. Other than that, I don't see anything relevant.

In my.cnf:

bind-address    =  127.0.0.1

socket                = /tmp/mysql.sock

Then edit the CONFIG files in your cores and make sure they are using either SOCKET or 127.0.0.1 as connection IP.

And then show the syserr in your db and game core.

thats my CONFIG of Core 1 , i dont see what u ment about Connection IP

p_1567h4k8y1.png 

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal