Using older versions

Hey. I've been trying to understand why do people keep using older versions of things like FreeBSD (9.2 when latest version is 11.2), Python (2.7 when latest version is 3.7), Visual Studio (2012 when latest version is 2017 15.8) and 32-bit architecture (when 64-bit is "better"). Maybe someone can explain this, since I'm noob to this things. Wouldn't it be better to use updated versions of those things? Thank you!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, iamgroot said:

Hey. I've been trying to understand why do people keep using older versions of things like FreeBSD (9.2 when latest version is 11.2), Python (2.7 when latest version is 3.7), Visual Studio (2012 when latest version is 2017 15.8) and 32-bit architecture (when 64-bit is "better"). Maybe someone can explain this, since I'm noob to this things. Wouldn't it be better to use updated versions of those things? Thank you!

A 90% community were able to compile the source code and had at least some ideas about the language with C++. (Within a year from the moment the source code became available)

Even now, 90% of the community can not just fix the banal mistakes on the client side.
And you suggest updating the libraries of the whole game. (for the majority this is unrealistic)
And so far I have not seen one person who would have made the transition from python 2.7 to python 3+

People do not have enough knowledge.

(c) Google Translate

• Love 2