Server connection issues (34k & 40k)

Hi guys!

Let me explain you. I've been dealing with this problem for months and have not found yet a glimpse of where this problem comes from, so thats why I'm asking you guys :)

My intention is to run a 40k server from my laptop, which has freebsd installed on it. The main problem is that, when I run 34k or 40k server files on it I'm able to connect to the server but it freezes after a couple of seconds of play. I can enter the game, past the character select screen, but if I move ingame a few metres or hit a few dogs the connection just... dies. What confuses me is that if I use the same server configuration on 2089 files it works flawlessly :wacko:

Also, the same setup on VirtualBox with these 34k and 40k files work without further problems. That being said, it looks like it is something specific to those server files or a hardware issue. But from what I tested its more likely to be the former since, even while my laptop only has 1GB of RAM, I've been able to run these 40k files on VirtualBox with 256MB.

Technical information:

Laptop: Intel Atom, 2 cores @ 1.56GHz / 1GB DDR3 RAM / FreeBSD 10.3 with 18GB of free space and 2GB swap. Default gateway: 192.168.2.1. Ipv4 address: 192.168.2.6. External IP: 181.197.XXX.XX. No need to add BIND_IP on CONFIG files under 2089 files (and it just works), neither in 34k and 40k (and server runs) but the problem arises. I tried several times adding my Ipv4 address, but had no success. If I try to add my external IP I get the infamous "socket_tcp_bind: tcp_socket: Can't assign requested address". All ports have been properly forwarded via router configuration. I don't have to use PortMap so as to connect to the servers. DMZ available.

Ask me anything and I will post the information you need in order to solve this issue. I would love to see this problem solved :wub: help guys!

example1.jpg

example2.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AGUZZTYN said:

my laptop only has 1GB of RAM, I've been able to run these 40k files on VirtualBox with 256MB.

Technical information:

Laptop: Intel Atom, 2 cores @ 1.56GHz / 1GB DDR3 RAM / FreeBSD 10.3 with 18GB of free space and 2GB swap.

This is the problem.

On /var/log/messages you will see swapping warnings.

If you can't get a good PC, buy a VPS.

You need at least 2GB of RAM.