C++ sources & debug

Hi guys,
I have two questions:
1) Which are the best sources avaliable for free, in your opinion? Can you provide a link?
2) Is there any how-to that explains how the libraries work or how to start debugging the game/adding new systems etc.? I've not studied C++ yet, but I'm at least decent in C programming and I'm about to start studying Java.

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium

1) I suggest you to use either the untouched one, either the one provided by vanilla, they're both free and the first one suggest you to work on your own code whereas the second is already modified but still stable, however, this is currently a beta so as vanilla said, be carefull with it.

2) I think your brain is the best tool, you can of course use some IDE like NetBeans (Nice one but it tends to fuck up the accents because of the Korean strings so you need to do some edits) or you can use Visual Studio, IntelliSense is pretty good and if you already know some C you'll be fine in not so many times. Also, as I said, just look at the code, try to learn how it's work, this is how you'll be better, regardless of the tool you're using.

You're welcome !

1 hour ago, Galet said:

1) I suggest you to use either the untouched one, either the one provided by vanilla, they're both free and the first one suggest you to work on your own code whereas the second is already modified but still stable, however, this is currently a beta so as vanilla said, be carefull with it.

2) I think your brain is the best tool, you can of course use some IDE like NetBeans (Nice one but it tends to fuck up the accents because of the Korean strings so you need to do some edits) or you can use Visual Studio, IntelliSense is pretty good and if you already know some C you'll be fine in not so many times. Also, as I said, just look at the code, try to learn how it's work, this is how you'll be better, regardless of the tool you're using.

You're welcome !

Can you provide a link for the untouched source file? I can't seem to find the release anywhere.

Also, do I need anything else? Like, client sources, db etc.? I'm not really expert about the structure of the game.

Thanks again

5 minutes ago, AetherMt2 said:

Use mainline, everyone started from there.

You will have stuff to fix but most is already public or easilly googled.

Not sure what is "vanilla untouched", as it already have edits, so it isnt untouched at all.

4 minutes ago, Galet said:

I never talked about "vanilla untouched" I just talked about Vanilla's sources.

You need to have a client, client sources, and then serverfiles with server sources. You need to compile : Launcher, Game & Db from sources.

You can find mainline in this forum.

I have downloaded the kraizy source: can I use that mainline?

My main "problem" about the fixing part is that I've always coded in C, running my programs using the IDE (codeblocks for me) and fixing them the same way. In order to fix the files, I have to compile them first using a virtual machine, am I right?

• Premium

Indeed, this is the mainline from there, use with "novaline" client.

You can compile db and game in both Windows and FreeBSD, but you'll need to run windows serverfiles then. The client should be compiled under Windows, it's made for Visual Studio by the way, but you can try with codeblocks but I'm not sure about that (otherwise you'll need to adjust some things in the solution) :D