List of hosting providers for Metin2

iltizio

Hi Devs,

the many requests that I receive in private or I see on the forums, I want to create this list of providers for web hosting and VPS, semi-dedicated and dedicated with the collaboration of the whole community to help in selecting any user who wants to open a Metin2 server. This list is not directed only to beginners, but also to those who have experience and expertise, as they might find something he had not considered before.

I will divide the list into two categories: Web Hosting and VPS / semi-dedicated / dedicated.
They will be included in the list only the providers and their product ranges adapted to the current requirements for Metin2.

VPS - Semi-dedicated - Dedicatied

In this category will be treated in service provider VPS, semi-dedicated and dedicated with these requirements:

• At least 2GB of RAM
  • Anti-DDoS O.S.
  • FreeBSD
  • No one or rare previous closing provision for Metin2 server
  • Datacenter physically in europe

For lack of specific bbcode for creating tables in this board, I had to create the table on my website.

Full table link

Summary for use

Below is a grouping of recommended providers depending on the use you want to do.
random order.

testing purposes (smaller and cheaper):

• Kimsufi - Dedicated
  • worldstream - Dedicated custom
  • Etherhost - VPS
  • iltizioservice - VPS Metin2
  • iltizioservice - VPS Low Cost
  • islandofhost - VPS
  • Seflow - VPS

production purpose (reliable and powerful):

• OVH - Dedicated Hosting
  • OVH - Dedicated Game
  • SoYouStart - Dedicated Essential
  • SoYouStart - Dedicated Game
  • Islandofhost - Dedicated
  • worldstream - Dedicated premium
  • hyperfilter - Dedicated
  • voxility - Dedicated
  • Etherhost - VPS
  • iltizioservice - VPS Metin2
  • Seflow - VPS
  • Blazingfast - VPS

Web Hosting

In this category will be treated in service provider Web Hosting with these requirements:

• Anti-DDoS
  • MySQL DB connection ability external

For lack of specific bbcode for creating tables in this board, I had to create the table on my website.

Full table link

This thread exists primarily to collect reports for providers from the community and to review according to their own experiences.

I don't write here what I recommend or not recommend because it depends a lot from project to project, in particular the skills of those who will go to administer the machines, budget and seriousness of the project.
If you want help in choosing you can contact me privately freely, specifying your situation and needs.

N.B. In response to this thread you are allowed ONLY reports of other providers if they meet the above requirements, or user reviews only after personal experience dates back less than 2 years ago. personal opinions based on theory, criticism, advice should be sent via PM to the author of the topic.
All replies not allowed according the above instructions will be reported as offtopic. I invite moderators to keep clean the discussion to avoid spam problems, off-topic.
Thanks for collaboration.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium

So, this seems to be created in order to promote your own service.

About the tables, theres no cons in your "VPS Metin2" part.

Heres some:

• No reliability
  • Security is questionable. Even private server nowadays have a ssl certificate, even if free, as it provides confidence to costumers.
  • .Ga free domain. Again, appears more like a scam then a legitimate service. Get a .com/.net at least.
  • Higher costs then a Kimsufi.

You refer this at SoYouStart Game:

« Products too large for Metin2. Discrete Anti-DDoS. »

Well, they use the same « Anti-DDoS Pro OVH. Firewall OVH. » as you use in your "services". Yet, because you're no the one selling them they get downgraded into "discrete". Seems legit.

What you do is get some a ovh branded machine (or aws/azure. But seems like ovh resell.) and rent it for a higher price then the person would normally pay.

After this, why would people get your services at all?

21 hours ago, tierrilopes said:

So, this seems to be created in order to promote your own service.

About the tables, theres no cons in your "VPS Metin2" part.

Heres some:

• No reliability
  • Security is questionable. Even private server nowadays have a ssl certificate, even if free, as it provides confidence to costumers.
  • .Ga free domain. Again, appears more like a scam then a legitimate service. Get a .com/.net at least.

Well, they use the same « Anti-DDoS Pro OVH. Firewall OVH. » as you use in your "services". Yet, because you're no the one selling them they get downgraded into "discrete". Seems legit.

What you do is get some a ovh branded machine (or aws/azure. But seems like ovh resell.) and rent it for a higher price then the person would normally pay.

On 10/10/2016 at 5:03 PM, iltizio said:

N.B. In response to this thread you are allowed ONLY reports of other providers if they meet the above requirements, or user reviews only after personal experience dates back less than 2 years ago. personal opinions based on theory, criticism, advice should be sent via PM to the author of the topic.
All replies not allowed according the above instructions will be reported as offtopic. I invite moderators to keep clean the discussion to avoid spam problems, off-topic.

This thread is for list the hosting providers compatible for Metin2, not only for my services.

The thread of my services is on dedicated section: https://metin2dev.org/board/index.php?/forum/58-others/

We know you don't read all.

I'm clearing your mistakes:

• No reliability

Based on? If you don't have experience on that provider, because you say that is not reliable? Do you have any truthful evidence that confirms this your hypothesis? Why do you think it's less reliable than other providers in that list?

You confuse what is a Certification Authority for ssl (https). Check it on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_authority

The website is just to list and explain the services that are sold, not to connect to the control panels, which are on a separate platform. It is however explained on the website why there is more security than what you propose other providers.

You can get a .com/.net domain and hosting for free. It isn't a valid proof to demostrate it's a scam. Also the domain can not even be free. You can also pay for it. This domain has technical characteristics that make my case.

In this list, Kimsufi are the 2nd cheapest provider, after iltizioservice - VPS Low Cost.

Why it's cheap? You can find it reading the cons column of its line:

Spoiler

No support. Only suitable for development and testing, also recommended by the kimsufi production use. Very old hardware.Non-redundant drives. Requests good Sysadmin skills.

OVH and SoYoustart anti-DDoS are not the same: 

The differences is clear. On top of two pages there are a flag that indicate the languages. Select your languages if you don't understand english.

As indicated on Website, all product are based on OVH dedicated servers.

As other providers, the differences is the support, extra services, installations and configurations of machines. Other providers are based on OVH, because they have big, quality and economical machines, but low support, no optimized and customized installation and no small machines.

In table you can compare the differences between all ranges. Check the columns Sample prices, Pros and Cons.

Please, use that thread only to respect this note:

On 10/10/2016 at 5:03 PM, iltizio said:

• Premium

I read everything actually.

__

Reliability because you dont own any server yourself. As far as a costumers know, you may dont even have anything.

This point was to say that you have no word in the market yet.

I didnt confused anything, its the image you sent to your possible clients, with a questionable domain

Yes you can get a .com/.net for free, even another reason why you shouldnt use a domain thats gives you a bad image.

About anti-ddos, maybe you should read again what i actually wrote, no?

The whole point of the post was not to attack you on your services but for you to clarify why you considered no cons on your vps metin2 services.

___

Next time when answering, i recommend you to answer wisely and in a proper manner.

I have not insulted you so keep some respect when you write as i did. If you dont know how to, then thats another issue.

About the text in red:

Your not a moderator.

That wasn't off-topic.

Im not criticizing you or your services but wanting to clarify some aspects on your list.

Tl;dr:

My question was to get this answer from you, an simple explanation on why to get your services, wich you didnt gave on the beginning:

« As other providers, the differences is the support, extra services, installations and configurations of machines. Other providers are based on OVH, because they have big, quality and economical machines, but low support, no optimized and customized installation and no small machines. »

Yet you started by attacking without me doing so.

7 hours ago, tierrilopes said:

I read everything actually.

__

Reliability because you dont own any server yourself. As far as a costumers know, you may dont even have anything.

This point was to say that you have no word in the market yet.

I didnt confused anything, its the image you sent to your possible clients, with a questionable domain

Yes you can get a .com/.net for free, even another reason why you shouldnt use a domain thats gives you a bad image.

About anti-ddos, maybe you should read again what i actually wrote, no?

The whole point of the post was not to attack you on your services but for you to clarify why you considered no cons on your vps metin2 services.

___

Next time when answering, i recommend you to answer wisely and in a proper manner.

I have not insulted you so keep some respect when you write as i did. If you dont know how to, then thats another issue.

About the text in red:

Your not a moderator.

That wasn't off-topic.

Im not criticizing you or your services but wanting to clarify some aspects on your list.

Tl;dr:

My question was to get this answer from you, an simple explanation on why to get your services, wich you didnt gave on the beginning:

« As other providers, the differences is the support, extra services, installations and configurations of machines. Other providers are based on OVH, because they have big, quality and economical machines, but low support, no optimized and customized installation and no small machines. »

Yet you started by attacking without me doing so.

We move this conversation on my services thread, because it's off-topic.

I ask everyone to work together to maintain the clean thread and with only the post allowed, to avoid endless discussions based on suppositions or to avoid to raise the profile of the entry in particular the list. If you want to discuss a particular service can do so by opening a new thread in this section or in the appropriate thread in the Services section, if it exists.

@Staff: Could you clean all of this post, that have gone off-topic?

Thank you all for collaboration.