WorldEditor failed by loading textures

alg0r!thm

Question

Hello, I've a problem. My problem is, I've made a new map with the worldeditor and when I'm stop my work at this new map and close the world editor and open the open the map again there are no textures any more. Everything is only grey. Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you can understand what my problem is.

So far,

- alg0r!thm

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

How do you mean that? When I'm start creating the map by clicking on "New"-Button I've defined "textureset/mapname.txt" this. btw. I've the same problem when I'm doing "Apply Base Texture" to change the base texture, the only thing I've got is, everything is grey. For example it looks like this:

newmap.png

So far,

- alg0r!thm

Yes is it.

//edit: I've other question, when I'm making a mountain and make a stone texture on it and the ground is with a grass texture, how can I make the transition between grass and stone texture better? At the moment it look like this:

texture1.png

But I want it looks like this:

texture2.png

So far,

- alg0r!thm

• Premium

That is another texture, you want to add some field texture which fits the grass/stone.

Try using texture pack from map1, which has decent textures for beggining :)

Then you can start using some other textures released here, when you will know what is it about.

And where I can find this textures? I saw a few weeks ago a video on youtube (but I can't find them anymore) in this video that guy say's press ctrl or something like that with other thing and then you can make the transition between grass/stone smoother.

So far,

- alg0r!thm

You can choose the texture of grass and the mountain together to make it better. It's a lot of tries till you learn how to do maps but at the end it's worth the hours spent.

For textures you can search this forum, I've found some good ones.