How much cores each channel?

• Management

On my server with game 2089M I have 5 cores in each channel, channel1/channel2 - 5 cores and game99 - 5 cores

On the new files that I'm doing I have 3 cores in each channel except game99, channel1/channel2 - 3 cores and game99 - 1 core

raw

raw

14 minutes ago, Marggraf said:

i use:

g99 - 1 core

channel 1/2/3/4 - 2cores(first core =map1,map2,desert,valley,v1 and v2 ,second core = v3 ,v4,v5 and other)

1 minute ago, charparodar said:

On my server with game 2089M I have 5 cores in each channel, channel1/channel2 - 5 cores and game99 - 5 cores

On the new files that I'm doing I have 3 cores in each channel except game99, channel1/channel2 - 3 cores and game99 - 1 core

I mean how many cores are enough to get a stable server?

5 minutes ago, DevChuckNorris said:

I think more the question is how many players you have.

If you only mean for testing theoretically 1 core should be enough.

For a high player count server i would recommend at least 5 cores each channel.

What is a high player count for you? 1k? 500? 200?

• Premium

i can give you some data from me

900 players on one channel (one core), about 40 maps. 50% cpu usage of one core e3-1240v2. 
there was no core crashes, lags etc

everything depends on optimization ;x

right now i'm using 2 cores per channel, but it's not caused by stabilitiy or something simmilar, I assure :)

• Love 1

The last time we had a server in 2015 was:

• - 2,000 players online constantly
  • - 8 channels online
  • - 1 channel = 12 cores

It all depends on you and your structure's serverfiles yet the biggest role is the core game compiled.
Once your server write thousands of lines in syserr and a lot of errors, problems unresolved and once you have as many cores on a channel, it is not good because the server will over charge if you have multiple cores and it transcribe million lines in syserr.
It all depends on your core game structure and serverfiles Your and how much is it requested and something depends of processor. My CPU consumes somewhere to (0.1%- 5%).

25 minutes ago, VegaS said:

The last time we had a server in 2015 was:

• - 2,000 players online constantly
  • - 8 channels online
  • - 1 channel = 12 cores

It all depends on you and your structure's serverfiles yet the biggest role is the core game compiled.
Once your server write thousands of lines in syserr and a lot of errors, problems unresolved and once you have as many cores on a channel, it is not good because the server will over charge if you have multiple cores and it transcribe million lines in syserr.
It all depends on your core game structure and serverfiles Your and how much is it requested and something depends of processor. My CPU consumes somewhere to (0.1%- 5%).

What is a good structure then because i am trying to optimize my server.