Hi guys, i don`t know if this site really is the dev metin2 website, but i`ll ask here anyway. A lot of people are wondering and searching over internet about metin 3. I used to play metin2 on Romania, when it was it it`s hay days, man that was awesome, but those days are over, so i`m asking here, is METIN 3 going to be released or not? Everyone is asking for that. The reasons metin2 it`s no longer so playable utleast on RO, anyway, is that it`s engine is old, graphic outdated, effects and other things too, it didn`t had sound covering the subtitles. and all new MMORPG games have that, i`m currently playing Blade and Soul, the game is alright but still it didn`t had what metin2 has. that crazy "free to do what you want" situation and besides those NCsolf are robbing people out of their money. You have restriction when buying and selling and other things that are crucial to the players. So if it`s not going under development, we should "harass" Ymir Entertainment and gameforge gmbh4 to release Metin 3. If they release it, but with all things updated, i`d say the game will be played, for the old times sake in principle and if they still keep that free to do what you want thing, it will go big! Money whales will always exist in games and metin2 was the game that had the most money whales and probably metin3 will increase the numbers even further. 

P.S. they should make a balanced PvP system too like Blade and Soul and there you go, you have one hell of a game with a lot of cash comming in.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium

No chance that ymir will create metin3, ymir and gameforge are to greedy. Look what they have done with metin2 in the last 10 years. You can have a feeling that YMIR employ 1 programmer :X . Now even private servers have better development plans than them. Doing nothing is the main cause that people started creating private servers. Look, they lead to source files leak, they don't care about copyrights and private servers because for them this game is dead ?  

• 7 years later...

Sorry for the necro, but I feel like I have to clear a few things up. 

Ymir will not create metin3, simply because Ymir doesn't exist. It has become Webzen.

I have to agree, the metin IP is definitely dead, and its no surprise.

Metin2 has never been massively popular outside of poor Eastern Europe and arguably Korea.

Most of the private servers truly are in better shape nowadays and for a while now than the official servers, which are laughable.

Interestingly, there may have been idea for metin3 in webzen, they have sued Laniatus for Metin3 copyright which Laniatus tried to take.

It may have been been purely out of pride, but perhaps back in 2013 plans for metin3 were real, as the game was still fairly popular in eastern europe and turkey, however it continued to fall off, and it became increasingly more clear that metin cannot stand up to new competitors in the MMO space, especially as the genre has been dying for a while even back then.

Ultimately, I do not believe metin3 will ever happen.

Metin2 might as well have just shut down production, the game is dead, yet they are still milking it putting almost nothing back.

Metin3 would be a huge financial investment for a company that does NOT have sufficient experience in trying to pull off a game as big as metin especially in today's gaming environment.

Furthermore, metin3 would be coming to a world where MMOs are not desired. MMO genre as a whole is less and less popular.

If they managed to somehow make this game, by some miracle, they definitely wouldn't want it to be associated with metin2, so it would not be metin3 but a brand new MMO.

Why? Because it makes no sense. It would only finish off the practically already almost dead metin2, while at the same time bringing metin2's ugly pay2win and bad game support reputation.

There is literally nothing to gain by releasing metin3.