Hosting Reviews

Shogun

• Premium

Hi all, there are many different hosters around the world so I think it would be a good idea if we share our experiences hosting our servers or websites with them.

I will start with my own reviews:

Softlayer: Best support, expensive, they respond to DMCA requests and null route for 4 h on attack.

Leaseweb: Cheap, average support, they don't null route you if you are attacked but they have general host failures constantly. No FreeBSD-aware staff.

Worldstream: Cheap and reliable hardware, decent support, they null route you for 24 hours in the event of an attack. Check out their specials for extremely cheap dedicated servers.

Hi all, there are many different hosters around the world so I think it would be a good idea if we share our experiences hosting our servers or websites with them.

I will start with my own reviews:

Softlayer: Best support, expensive, they respond to DMCA requests and null route for 4 h on attack.

Leaseweb: Cheap, average support, they don't null route you if you are attacked but they have general host failures constantly. No FreeBSD-aware staff.

Worldstream: Cheap and reliable hardware, decent support, they null route you for 24 hours in the event of an attack. Check out their specials for extremely cheap dedicated servers.

Softlayer: Never had them, but they are well known to be a popular and trustworthy host. They are one of the big ones out there. A little pricey but probably because they offer such a good network and support.

Leaseweb: I'd call these mid-range in price due to the hardware that come with them for the price. Never had them but have had several friends who've run Metin2 servers with them. This host is also pretty well known outside of the Metin2 community. From what friends have told me they have excellent support as well and are very fast with it.

Worldstream: I'd say never use WorldStream, ever.. Their support in my experience has been quite rude and they charge 40 euros to install PAE which actually turned out to be a very simple task that requires a couple of commands being entered. When I or friends had them they had no DDoS protection, but most hosts don't.. and at the price they offer servers you can't really complain about that. They shut you down the moment they get DMCA complaints, even if they aren't proven.

OVH/Kimsufi not based in Canada: This is a French company who may require you to send proof of identification if you live in certain countries (like USA). That's a downside for anyone trying to host a Metin2 server. I've had a French kimsufi server from a reseller in the UK before and it was pretty nice. This was back in 2010. I was paying 60GBP for a 24GB Xeon with a 1Gbps connection and two 1TB hard drives. Uptime was excellent, never had an issue.

SKDedicated: This is the host I currently use. I'd say the response time to tickets is excellent and very polite. Despite having an unmanged server I'm never told "this is an unmanged server, we don't provide help." They always try their best to solve my problems and even check logs on their end to see what the result of them are. I got a deal from WebHostingTalk for my server. Xeon 3210, 8GB RAM, 2x 250GB HDD, 1Gbps dedicated port, 10TB traffic. It's 50 eur/month but an extra 2 eur/month because I pay with PayPal. Network seems to be perfectly reliable as well. The owner just recently got hired at the datacenter where he was renting rackspace from (i3d). All clients who had SKDedicated will be transferred to the i3d control panel and will still deal directly with the owner of SKDedicated for support requests.

Voxility: This is a quite shady host, but that can work in a Metin2 server admin's favor sometimes.. and it has proven to work for Metin2 server admins recently. When they are sent DMCA complaints they don't budge. They do nothing about your server. They don't care if you run a Metin2 server or not and host plenty of them. Now the problem with Voxility (aside from outrageous setup fees and monthly fees) is that the support is rude, slow, and likes to ignore the customer. They also have been busted lying on multiple occasions.

Xertonia: This host was owned by Paul aka Belius of Metin2United. He resold servers from Voxility using virtualization so that he could tailor servers towards people wanting to run Metin2 for a cheaper price than the full dedicated servers that Voxility offered. Paul is a completely untrustworthy person who did alot of bad things while having this company, not limited to using the servers to initiate DDoS attacks and stealing money from customers. He randomly shut it down and blamed Voxility for his actions. Even though the host is gone I wanted to review it so people know not to trust Paul if he makes another host. Tip: if a host comes out which is linked to "gamezunited", don't bother.. it's linked to Paul and therefore not worth it at all.

WeServIt: This host tells you alot of things to get you to rent then doesn't actually do them. They claim that they won't shut you down no matter what, if someone complains about copyrights but the truth is that once the person sends a DMCA complaint it get's denied and all the person has to do is find local Netherlands copyright laws and this host will buckle at the knees easily. On the plus side they returned money after being told they explicitly lied about what they would do in this situation a few days earlier. This is another host that doesn't require the issuer of the DMCA request to actually prove they have the rights to send one.

• Love 2

Voxility: This is a quite shady host, but that can work in a Metin2 server admin's favor sometimes.. and it has proven to work for Metin2 server admins recently. When they are sent DMCA complaints they don't budge. They do nothing about your server. They don't care if you run a Metin2 server or not and host plenty of them. Now the problem with Voxility (aside from outrageous setup fees and monthly fees) is that the support is rude, slow, and likes to ignore the customer. They also have been busted lying on multiple occasions.

Xertonia: This host was owned by Paul aka Belius of Metin2United. He resold servers from Voxility using virtualization so that he could tailor servers towards people wanting to run Metin2 for a cheaper price than the full dedicated servers that Voxility offered. Paul is a completely untrustworthy person who did alot of bad things while having this company, not limited to using the servers to initiate DDoS attacks and stealing money from customers. He randomly shut it down and blamed Voxility for his actions. Even though the host is gone I wanted to review it so people know not to trust Paul if he makes another host. Tip: if a host comes out which is linked to "gamezunited", don't bother.. it's linked to Paul and therefore not worth it at all.

Xertonia & Voxility bring back some memories don't they :D

I can back up what Rumor said about them. Don't go there lol

• Love 1

SKDedicated: This is the host I currently use. I'd say the response time to tickets is excellent and very polite. Despite having an unmanged server I'm never told "this is an unmanged server, we don't provide help." They always try their best to solve my problems and even check logs on their end to see what the result of them are. I got a deal from WebHostingTalk for my server. Xeon 3210, 8GB RAM, 2x 250GB HDD, 1Gbps dedicated port, 10TB traffic. It's 50 eur/month but an extra 2 eur/month because I pay with PayPal. Network seems to be perfectly reliable as well. The owner just recently got hired at the datacenter where he was renting rackspace from (i3d). All clients who had SKDedicated will be transferred to the i3d control panel and will still deal directly with the owner of SKDedicated for support requests.

This is the best hosting company ive used to host my server ...  ;) 

When they went offline they claimed to have been scammed by Voxility, the latter confiscating bought hardware and whatnot. This apparently was not the case, there has neither been any info on the lawsuit Xertonia wanted to initiate, nor did their customers ever receive the promised paybacks.

When I had a little talk with "Alex" a.k.a. Paul, he revealed the hosting actually consisted of 20 dedicated servers, two storage arrays, and two top-of-rack switches, all of which Voxility offers both, for rent and permanent purchase with their colocation offers.

The bandwidth Xertonia sold was best-effort bandwidth, without any garantuee.

Back to present time: Xertonia.com is online and has a new design with a 2014 copyright, so they might be planning a comeback.

Worldstream:

Hosted my private servers years ago, pretty reliable and the support has always been nice, even offering a free secondary HDD when my system crashed (they never removed it afterwards).

A friend of mine reported that once they had a disk failure and no RAID which was awful.

They also said they were taken down with a complaint from .SG.

I guess the nice support went away when Metin2 "admins" started to repeatedly bother the staff members with "dumb" questions - besides those kids being totally unfriendly and rude most of the time. I have seen numerous screenshots/copies of mails to WS's support staff and I can tell you I wouldn't stay nice and cooperative either.

Today, WS is still in use for development/testing servers as those are unlikely to be found and taken down by anyone.

Hetzner:

Definitely not the right choice for Metin2 Servers. The server my former admin had was taken down in less than one week after public launch due to copyright infringement (I am not certain anyone ever filed a complaint).

OVH:

Never used, years ago it appeared to me as a "shiny plastic-thingy for some unprofessional people", well that seems to be different.

I am getting positive feedback on them.

InterNOC24:

Reseller of Voxility. They accept PaySafeCards. The support was slow and unwilling in many cases.Uptimes were medium and we had issues sometimes - mainly because there wasn't ANY (D)DoS protection, finally driving us to migrate to ...

Incloudibly:

Best hoster I yet experienced, with fast and competent support staff. Their traffic filters are doing a good job and we never had any technical issue with the several servers we have.

However, they are expensive, probably making them a no-go for newcomers.

Their features are good, containing whitelisting for the protection, PTR record editing and all-time free KVM/IPMI (remote console, cold start/reset etc.) access, though the SuperMicro controller in use there sometimes bugs.

Server4.pro:

Reselling several other hosters, including WD, OVH etc. Accepts PaySafeCards. All theri VPS have soft-limitted bandwidth ("100 MBit/s on 1 GBit/s link") which is a pain.

Linux traffic shaping/bandwidth limiting doesn't work in the virtual environment and servers get suspended when going over the contract bandwidth for more than a few minutes.

These VPS are also suspended when the system load rises above some value. My two 6€ VPS have been suspended at least 4 times each in the last 6 months, forcing me to contact support and ask for reactivation. The VPS are sometimes rebooted without prior announcement (at least not via email) which really sucks.

• Former Staff

When they went offline they claimed to have been scammed by Voxility, the latter confiscating bought hardware and whatnot. This apparently was not the case, there has neither been any info on the lawsuit Xertonia wanted to initiate, nor did their customers ever receive the promised paybacks.

When I had a little talk with "Alex" a.k.a. Paul, he revealed the hosting actually consisted of 20 dedicated servers, two storage arrays, and two top-of-rack switches, all of which Voxility offers both, for rent and permanent purchase with their colocation offers.

Back to present time: Xertonia.com is online and has a new design with a 2014 copyright, so they might be planning a comeback.

Worldstream:

Hosted my private servers years ago, pretty reliable and the support has always been nice, even offering a free secondary HDD when my system crashed (they never removed it afterwards).

A friend of mine reported that once they had a disk failure and no RAID which was awful.

I guess the nice support went away when Metin2 "admins" started to repeatedly bother the staff members with "dumb" questions - besides those kids being totally unfriendly and rude most of the time. I have seen numerous screenshots/copies of mails to WS's support staff and I can tell you I wouldn't stay nice and cooperative either.

Today, WS is still in use for development/testing servers as those are unlikely to be found and taken down by anyone.

Hetzner:

Definitely not the right choice for Metin2 Servers. The server my former admin had was taken down in less than one week after public launch due to copyright infringement (I am not certain anyone ever filed a complaint).

OVH:

Never used, years ago it appeared to me as a "shiny plastic-thingy for some unprofessional people", well that seems to be different.

I am getting positive feedback on them.

InterNOC24:

Reseller of Voxility. They accept PaySafeCards. The support was slow and unwilling in many cases.Uptimes were medium and we had issues sometimes - mainly because there wasn't ANY (D)DoS protection, finally driving us to migrate to ...

Incloudibly:

Best hoster I yet experienced, with fast and competent support staff. Their traffic filters are doing a good job and we never had any technical issue with the several servers we have.

However, they are expensive, probably making them a no-go for newcomers.

Their features are good, containing whitelisting for the protection, PTR record editing and all-time free KVM/IPMI (remote console, cold start/reset etc.) access, though the SuperMicro controller in use there sometimes bugs.

Server4.pro:

Reselling several other hosters, including WD, OVH etc. Accepts PaySafeCards. All theri VPS have soft-limitted bandwidth ("100 MBit/s on 1 GBit/s link") which is a pain.

Linux traffic shaping/bandwidth limiting doesn't work in the virtual environment and servers get suspended when going over the contract bandwidth for more than a few minutes.

These VPS are also suspended when the system load rises above some value. My two 6€ VPS have been suspended at least 4 times each in the last 6 months, forcing me to contact support and ask for reactivation. The VPS are sometimes rebooted without prior announcement (at least not via email) which really sucks.

An friend of mine uses Hetzner since 2,5 years and his Server was just once "shutted down" he just renamed it switched the Server and he never heard of Tec again

(BlackMambaMt2 as old Name was a pretty big Server about 1,5 years ago and is now still online new name wont be notoced ;) )

Worldstream:

I received the email too, but that wasn't what happened in reality with Xertonia. I also didn't receive my money back for services he didn't give. I'll be sure to keep people from hosting their servers with this thief paul waldmann. Guess who's Paul's best friend from Metin2 :D? CupCake from metin2us. He even lived with her for a while in Arizona. Even after Xertonia was down, Metin2Undead/UndeadEmpire continued to stay online with the ip "185.5.174.174" belonging to Xertonia. Xertonia continued to send me emails several months after "Voxility scammed them" and never returned the stolen money.

Regarding WorldStream, I agree that most of Metin2 server admins are dumb kids.. but I'm a unique customer and shouldn't be treated poorly by WS.. nor should any other customer who's done nothing wrong. They need to conduct their business professionally without any bias towards admins for a certain game.

I've heard only good things about vilayer but i won't test it on my serverstart :D

they're offering european dedicated servers with ddos protection.

i would use the following additional options to an i5 server:

1 GBit/s Uplink Port

SEC-LAYER Level 3 (Upto 3Gbps)

maybe

Dedicated PFSense Firewall Appliance (1 GBit/s) 

if anyone does have a positive experience with vilayer, please tell me your thoughts  :)

For webhosting im using nitrado. First time i heard about that a admin uses such a webspace i was laughing because i was thinking that a 6,99€ (paysavecard) webspace can only be shit. But they have a good Network Connection (Roman said that the connection is bad from US,link11 routing) and there is no ddos protection. But if you just use the basic (free) cloudflare protection its nice to use. At my last serverstart I have done it like that, and I got a few attacks but had no big downtime. For this price its absolutly perfect.

But dont put the client there when a lot of unsers want do download, they will suspend your space. Im using it also for client patcher and it works good & is fully anonym.

King regards,

Nightwish

For webhosting im using nitrado. First time i heard about that a admin uses such a webspace i was laughing because i was thinking that a 6,99€ (paysavecard) webspace can only be shit. But they have a good Network Connection (Roman said that the connection is bad from US,link11 routing) and there is no ddos protection. But if you just use the basic (free) cloudflare protection its nice to use. At my last serverstart I have done it like that, and I got a few attacks but had no big downtime. For this price its absolutly perfect.

But dont put the client there when a lot of unsers want do download, they will suspend your space. Im using it also for client patcher and it works good & is fully anonym.

King regards,

Nightwish

All Nitrado Server´s are are located at Link11. The DDoS Protection is better than Cloudflare.

It's easy to bypass Cloudflare (GET/POST/XML-RPC)

well my server has been under attack this past week and is right now, can't even login on SSH.

I'm interested in finding DDoS protected hosting and unsure where to go :<

6NarP.png

** nfdump -M /home/nfsen/profiles-data/live/br3:br2 -T -R 2014/02/07/nfcapd.201402071510:2014/02/07/nfcapd.201402071515 -n 10 -s record/flows -A proto,srcip,srcport,dstip,dstport
nfdump filter:
dst ip 213.163.64.211
Aggregated flows 3434
Top 10 flows ordered by flows:
Date flow start Duration Proto Src IP Addr Src Pt Dst IP Addr Dst Pt Packets Bytes bps Bpp Flows
2014-02-07 15:10:04.550 593.822 UDP 111.13.14.2 123 213.163.64.211 11002 712704 319.3 M 4.3 M 448 87
2014-02-07 15:10:00.645 580.035 UDP 157.130.175.206 123 213.163.64.211 11002 671744 300.9 M 4.2 M 448 82
2014-02-07 15:11:42.294 494.459 UDP 46.180.44.236 123 213.163.64.211 11002 663552 297.3 M 4.8 M 448 81
2014-02-07 15:10:05.202 592.235 UDP 111.20.140.86 123 213.163.64.211 11002 638976 286.3 M 3.9 M 448 78
2014-02-07 15:11:45.992 487.612 UDP 46.180.160.169 123 213.163.64.211 11002 630784 282.6 M 4.6 M 448 77
2014-02-07 15:11:21.358 493.945 UDP 46.180.166.134 123 213.163.64.211 11002 630784 282.6 M 4.6 M 448 77
2014-02-07 15:11:21.059 497.715 UDP 46.180.178.212 123 213.163.64.211 11002 630784 282.6 M 4.5 M 448 77
2014-02-07 15:10:12.545 565.179 UDP 1.209.215.71 123 213.163.64.211 11002 630784 282.6 M 4.0 M 448 77
2014-02-07 15:10:01.571 598.333 UDP 113.59.61.169 123 213.163.64.211 11002 630784 282.6 M 3.8 M 448 77
2014-02-07 15:10:10.841 534.738 UDP 157.253.192.181 123 213.163.64.211 11002 622592 278.9 M 4.2 M 448 76
Summary: total flows: 36637, total bytes: 130.9 G, total packets: 300.1 M, avg bps: 1.7 G, avg pps: 500308, avg bpp: 436
Time window: 2014-02-07 15:10:00 - 2014-02-07 15:19:59
Total flows processed: 920992, Blocks skipped: 0, Bytes read: 88429304
Sys: 0.270s flows/second: 3399021.3 Wall: 0.270s flows/second: 3406955.3
Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Well I prefer to pay about the same as what I pay now or less (52.50 eur). Only reason I even make such an idea is because I know OVH rents cheap ddos protected servers. I think I'd be willing to pay up to around 75 eur a month.

Vilayer does look pretty nice, though I've been trying to contact them on TS3 and by phone and they don't seem to answer. I could use an i3-2100 with 120GB SSD RAID1, 1.5Gbps filter, 1Gbps port, 8GB RAM for about 80 eur/month hosted in Rotterdam, NL.

My current server is a Xeon 3210, 8GB RAM, 2x 250GB SATAII, 1Gbps port, no protection in Amsterdam, NL.

I prefer to host in NL rather than france because I'm using a webhost in NL inside the same DC to host the website and using Remote MYSQL. Could always change to another host though..

OVH/Kimsufi not based in Canada: This is a French company who may require you to send proof of identification if you live in certain countries (like USA). That's a downside for anyone trying to host a Metin2 server. I've had a French kimsufi server from a reseller in the UK before and it was pretty nice. This was back in 2010. I was paying 60GBP for a 24GB Xeon with a 1Gbps connection and two 1TB hard drives. Uptime was excellent, never had an issue.

In Portugal this is the most used Host Company and there are many Brazilians that try to acquire this service because of the excellent quality at low price. I recommend it too.

• Love 1

Thanks morfo2.

I am also already thinking of using FR based OVH via server4pro (to pay with paysafecard). 

I continued to try to contact Vilayer but they never answer calls or skype. Due to this, ovh is looking like the only answer. I do have a few issues with using OVH though.. I dont wan't to be specific here but I don't know if OVH's protection is adequate :<.

• Love 1

I forgot about another host I've used.. called RaptorNode. Operated by some cocky British kid..

RaptorNode: This host was full of downtimes and letdowns. Broken agreements after making payments were a normal occurrence for this host. Blaming the customer when the host is at fault is not acceptable for any host. The owner told me that he would get a GRE tunnel setup to filter all the traffic and avoid DDoS and finding the real IP of the server. He wanted a fee for the setup but never actually setup the tunnel because he lacks experience in FreeBSD. A friend fixed it on the FreeBSD side and it still wasn't working because it was improperly configured on the CentOS side. A total nightmare. The forum would go down all the time (separate shared hosting with same company). He would wait until hours later or the next day to say there aren't any issues or say they are resolved. This would happen on a daily basis.

Even after indisputable evidence that there was a network issue he continued to say that there's no problem with the network. See below...

UNhbNM0.png

traceroutes

NL

1 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.
2 8 ms 10 ms 9 ms 84-53-101-141.bbserv.nl [84.53.101.141]
3 8 ms 9 ms 10 ms 90-145-29-174-ams-unet-sar-br01.network.unet.nl[90.145.29.174]
4 11 ms 10 ms 8 ms te0-7-0-18.ccr21.ams04.atlas.cogentco.com [149.11.38.129]
5 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms te0-7-0-19.ccr22.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.38.181]
6 19 ms 18 ms 24 ms te0-3-0-0.ccr21.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.48.141]
7 83 ms 87 ms 97 ms te0-7-0-10.ccr22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.80.125]
8 90 ms 90 ms 104 ms te0-2-0-2.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.26.169]
9 152 ms 98 ms 125 ms te0-1-0-4.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.2.66]
10 216 ms 201 ms 198 ms te4-4.ccr01.clt01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.84.254]
11 120 ms 111 ms 112 ms dacentec.demarc.cogentco.com [38.104.168.10]
12 112 ms 114 ms 118 ms dct-ds08-vl-41.dacentec.com [199.241.190.230]
13 118 ms 111 ms 109 ms dct-ds08-vl-41.dacentec.com [199.241.190.230]
14 113 ms 111 ms 110 ms nc12.raptornode.com [192.254.73.254]

MKD

1 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms BEST [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 14 ms 10 ms 89.205.56.1
3 9 ms 7 ms 11 ms 89.205.126.1
4 41 ms 23 ms 31 ms 80.77.144.145
5 52 ms 57 ms 51 ms te-3-4-150.car1.Sofia1.Level3.net [212.162.46.161]
6 62 ms * * ae-11-11.car2.Sofia1.Level3.net [4.69.148.30]
7 61 ms 67 ms 212 ms ae-10-10.ebr3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.141.34]
8 54 ms 55 ms 53 ms ae-73-73.csw2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.163.6]
9 * 65 ms 57 ms ae-2-70.edge5.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.73]
10 50 ms 51 ms 52 ms be3020.ccr21.fra06.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.15.193]
11 120 ms 49 ms 50 ms te0-4-0-5.mpd21.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.61.161]
12 241 ms 233 ms 250 ms te0-4-0-0.ccr22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.42.113]
13 191 ms 188 ms 182 ms te4-4.ccr01.clt01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.84.254]
14 165 ms 166 ms 158 ms dacentec.demarc.cogentco.com [38.104.168.10]
15 161 ms 172 ms 161 ms dct-ds42-ve.dacentec.com [199.191.57.194]
16 161 ms 163 ms 161 ms dct-ds08-vl-41.dacentec.com [199.241.190.230]
17 159 ms 166 ms 157 ms nc12.raptornode.com [192.254.73.254]

Romania

1 8 ms 12 ms 9 ms 78.97.206.1 
2 13 ms 12 ms 11 ms ro-cj01a-rd3-v1341.astralnet.ro [95.77.42.97] 
3 123 ms 125 ms 124 ms 84.116.217.86 
4 124 ms 124 ms 126 ms ro-tm01a-rd3-xe-0-0-1-v1643.upcnet.ro [84.116.216.2] 
5 122 ms 124 ms 125 ms 84.116.133.25 
6 124 ms 121 ms 123 ms uk-lon01b-rd1-xe-7-2-2.aorta.net [84.116.134.233] 
7 130 ms 124 ms 125 ms 84.116.133.178 
8 130 ms 128 ms 124 ms 84.116.137.182 
9 133 ms 130 ms 129 ms xe-8-3-0.edge1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.78.164.221] 
10 126 ms 130 ms 129 ms COGENT-COMM.edge1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.68.111.46] 
11 142 ms 126 ms 134 ms be2062.mpd21.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.13] 
12 129 ms 128 ms 128 ms te0-4-0-6.ccr21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.42.21] 
13 241 ms 286 ms 266 ms te4-4.ccr01.clt01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.85.6] 
14 146 ms 149 ms 149 ms dacentec.demarc.cogentco.com [38.104.168.10] 
15 145 ms 145 ms 145 ms dct-ds42-ve.dacentec.com [199.191.57.194] 
16 142 ms 144 ms 143 ms dct-ds08-vl-41.dacentec.com [199.241.190.230] 
17 147 ms 146 ms 144 ms nc12.raptornode.com [192.254.73.254] 

USA

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 14 ms 13 ms 17 ms 10.115.0.1
3 16 ms 17 ms 19 ms 24.144.0.193
4 39 ms 24 ms 27 ms 66-194-86-233.static.twtelecom.net [66.194.86.233]
5 30 ms 33 ms 33 ms dal2-pr2-xe-2-3-0-0.us.twtelecom.net [66.192.240.90]
6 38 ms 41 ms 44 ms sl-st30-dal-.sprintlink.net [144.228.250.85]
7 41 ms 61 ms 88 ms 144.232.0.161
8 50 ms 41 ms 46 ms 144.232.9.54
9 50 ms 62 ms 51 ms be2031.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.45]
10 57 ms 51 ms 54 ms te0-0-0-2.ccr21.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.218]
11 76 ms 65 ms 80 ms te0-1-1-2.ccr22.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.237]
12 244 ms 254 ms 263 ms te2-1.ccr01.clt01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.97]
13 71 ms 66 ms 68 ms dacentec.demarc.cogentco.com [38.104.168.10]
14 70 ms 70 ms 76 ms dct-ds42-ve.dacentec.com [199.191.57.194]
15 70 ms 71 ms 74 ms dct-ds08-vl-41.dacentec.com [199.241.190.230]
16 70 ms 86 ms 70 ms nc12.raptornode.com [192.254.73.254]

• Love 1

Update: OVH IS TOTAL CRAP. Don't bother..

OVH FR: Server failing to mitigate 5-33 Mbit attacks at 3-15k packets per second despite their claims to be able to mitigate 480Gbps. They are bragging on twitter about blocking a 350Gbps attack and how they are successful. Success doesn't mean allowing your customer's servers to be ruined so you can block an 350/480Gbps of your supposed protection. Success doesn't mean advertising something you cannot give. Everything here is French and they have an option on registration to change the language but it doesn't work. All the emails are in French despite the fact it would be terribly easy for them to translate them as they are automated and very short. They don't care at all about the customers. I should have not expected so much from a French host. It's also nearly impossible to get in contact with them. They only allow forum support at kimsufi and they don't even provide that support. When you create a thread you instead get a bunch of ignorant normal users saying that you should use iptables. There is no ticket system, no live chat, no way to talk to them on the phone. I'll definitely be getting a refund and if they don't let me I will be charging the funds back. Avoid at all costs...

6SJLR.png

6SJNP.png

6SKbw.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

• Premium

I told you that OVH is too cheap to be true. I only had a VPS with them for 3 months but the fact that the purchase page is in french (despite the advertising being in my local language) and the horrible control panel were enough to presume that this company doesn't care about their massified (and quickly replaceable) customer base.

Interesting fact, SG moved to OVH last week.

Ovh don't fail on such attacks.

http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/93-dos-protection-your-experiences/#entry320

Lukas/Nightwish asked for some test attack. So i attack one of his Servers. As you can see 5mpps+ and the Server was still up.

maybe before, but now it's garbage..

Try www.soustec.com

It has a broken about page, says DDoS protection but no details, and too cheap to be real or work well.

Network status is broken, forum link is broken, 3 more footer links are broken. The terms are copied from OVH so it's likely an OVH reseller.

A WHOIS shows that some of it is involved with RamNode (trusted US-Based VPS seller) and some with WeServIt (lying host in NL).

maybe before, but now it's garbage.. It has a broken about page, says DDoS protection but no details, and too cheap to be real or work well.Network status is broken, forum link is broken, 3 more footer links are broken. The terms are copied from OVH so it's likely an OVH reseller.A WHOIS shows that some of it is involved with RamNode (trusted US-Based VPS seller) and some with WeServIt (lying host in NL).

Its not. Got some Servers there and all work Perfect. Over 60% of all metin2 Server are hosted there now.