[SOLVED] Problem with LUA code when porting around ( using global vars in different Cores )

Go to solution Solved by ATAG,

Hi Guys :D

I have a problem with a quest im currently working on, or better said the part it should execute after getting ported to a map.

With this Code;

pc.warp(x,y) -- Warps to map with mapindex == 352

when login with pc.get_map_index() == 352 begin

It works fine as long as you were on Channel99 before porting. When you try to port from Channel1 to this map (ch99 ) it doesnt start the code.

Does anyone know why this is the case?

sincerely Castro

SOLUTION: 

The solution is that global vars are unique for every Core. You have to use MYSQL to make them accessable by every core without getting errors like I did.

Theres no use to post the quest here as it works perfectly. The problem is about the different Channels.

If you port from Ch99 to this map ( CH99 ) it works. If you port from CH1 to this map it doesnt.

I did both rleoad q and full reboot..

#Edit:

Can it be the problem that I use global Variables? Are they unique for Each Channel?

• Premium

Try a debug version:

when login begin
local mapidx = pc.get_map_index()
syschat("Map index: "..mapidx or "error")
if 352 == mapidx then

Correct, try with this method and if it returns error then you will know the reason.

• Love 1

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

Try a debug version:

when login begin
local mapidx = pc.get_map_index()
syschat("Map index: "..mapidx or "error")
if 352 == mapidx then

Correct, try with this method and if it returns error then you will know the reason.

I tried it like this:

When login with pc.get_map_index() == 352 begin

chat("DEBUG: logged warp")

end

and it worked. 

Now it seems to me that global vars are unique for every core, maybe i have to use MYSQL for the table then, but thats fine. I will try it later and post the results here :) 

Anyways, thanks to the guys who helped me out! 

MFG Castro

#closerequest