[C++]New Unique WorldEditor Self Made

flygun

• Former Staff

Hello guys ...how are you ..

i want to get into the subject directly .... I'm really sick of the stupid world editor that gots a lot of error and bugs so i decided to make a new version from scratch so the general user interface will be something like this so if anyone got any advises or suggestions it would be very nice

anyway sorry for bad english :)

best wishes in new year (i know it's too late to say but no problem :P)

FlyGun :wub:

this is the general user interface :)

wp7F6WK.png?1

#I'll share photos about what I'm doing

this is new map create dialog as you can see :P

PHIjlhf.png?1

#Ideas
1- I'm thinking about making a regen creator after creating the map and editing it .. the program asks you to insert mobs or npc..etc (good??)

2-Quest section .. thinking of making a quest helper ... you can write your quest and the programs will say what are the problems and how to solve them with a kind of a toolbox using your quest_function file and some sql commands

3- i'm thinking about making a GUI python helper :) .. you can write your code and see them and maybe edit the GUI with mouse (like photoshop) and making code :P .... like insert (Close button) and then moving it ....

#again sorry for my bad english

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 5

I think it's a very good initiative. I haven't used a lot of WE but.. and I don't know coz i might have done something wrong but sometimes when i load the map again my objects kinda change height especially when i move them around a lot.. (ofc i always save after making any changes) i don't know what is the cause it might be my mistakes but i have no idea.

Other thing is adjusting the size of the brush, object height etc. As you know you have to do it with mouse it goes up by 10 with each scroll but i think it would be much better if you could do it with your keyboard like you could click on the box and type in the height you want instead of doing it by scroll.

Undo button.. in the version i have when i use Undo button a lot of times my objects go crazy they change height, place etc.

I think it's a great idea and I hope it works.

Good luck mate.

• Love 1

• Former Staff

I think it's a very good initiative. I haven't used a lot of WE but.. and I don't know coz i might have done something wrong but sometimes when i load the map again my objects kinda change height especially when i move them around a lot.. (ofc i always save after making any changes) i don't know what is the cause it might be my mistakes but i have no idea.

Other thing is adjusting the size of the brush, object height etc. As you know you have to do it with mouse it goes up by 10 with each scroll but i think it would be much better if you could do it with your keyboard like you could click on the box and type in the height you want instead of doing it by scroll.

Undo button.. in the version i have when i use Undo button a lot of times my objects go crazy they change height, place etc.

I think it's a great idea and I hope it works.

Good luck mate.

yeah I will try to solve all these problems ... but at the moment I'm working on GUI about 2 days i will finish it and start with real job :)

thank you btw :)

Good luck via your project.

Btw congrulations.

Kind Regards

Zerelth ~ Ellie

• Former Staff

You're far from the level required to make this kind of tool, furthermore it's too much work for one person.

Anyway goodluck.

Yeah maybe .. but in anyway it'll be like a training for me and if anyone  want to work with me there is no problem at all

if i succeeded with it i will share the source :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former Staff

No i meant programming language :D was to dumb to read the title :P

If you need help with granny contact me. Im experimenting with that atm. Maybe we can help each other

actually i'll contact you as soon as possible ... give me your skybe 

Good luck :)

Download link?

still working on the program :P reread the topic maybe you'll understand :P

• Former Staff

1. Add an Height Output option like Collision Output

2. Add an option to select an personalized Brush just like in Unity 3d

3. Recreate the List Hit Position maker, because the old one is very bugged

thanks for the ideas i'll write them down to work on them later :)

Is possible for example to make 2 windows inside the program and you can work on 2 maps in the same time and you can for example copy a whole region from an map and add in other?

perhaps yes .... i got pic for something like that but i got weak internet connection i'll share some pic later :)