GR2 Texture Path Changer

• Premium

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

Hi everyone!

So, after serveral days of searching a tool that could change the texture path of a .gr2 file, I found the tool(probably all of you know it, the texture changer by marv). After that I tried to change the texture paths of some gr2 models of a weapon, and guess what, it didn't work.

I'm gonna reupload the file, because I didn't seen it on metin2dev, and I'm gonna teach you how to use it.

First of all, I don't know about others, but for me it didn't work to change anything with this (I'm running windows 7 x64 bit). Some of guys told me that this "texture changer" works only on windows 7 x86 bit, so I reinstalled my windows(I really needed that tool), of course, it didn't work either way.

So, go in Start and search cmd, and run it. After the cmd started you'll see a path right there C:\Users\Name  (Instead of Name you'll have your username of computer administrator, or the account you're logged in), now that's the path where we can work with the tool.

PAY ATTENTION!!! IF YOU START THE TOOL IN OTHER FOLDER INSTEAD OF C:\Users\Name THE TOOL WILL NOT WORK, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE THE NEW MODEL.

Exctract all the files from the archive(I'll post it below), and start Metin2TextureChanger.exe.

Now click "Load" to choose a gr2 file you want to change texture path, BUT, the model name can't have spaces in name(devil sword.gr2 for example, it's wrong, the tool won't read it, and you'll not be able to save your new gr2 model), so if you want to change for example devil sword.gr2 you need to rename it into devil_sword.gr2 or devilsword.gr2 or any other name without spaces betwen.

Where is "Neuer Texturpfad" we will chose the new path for texture, for example d:\ymir work\test\devil_sword_blue.dds  , there you can choose any other path, but you can't modify "d:\ymir work" or you won't be able to see the weapon/armour in-game. Now we save the file wherever we want, it doesn't matter, this way must work for everybody.

AGAIN, THIS TOOL WASN'T MADE BY ME. And I made this post because I've searched many days a tool that would work, but neither didn't work, and this tool didn't work for me either just when I used this method. So, this post is for guys who had the same problem like me (they had the tool, but couldn't save the new model) that's why I wanted to help them, and any other people who weren't been able to use it.

And about the other tool I've found on this forum, the tool "made" by thunder-core, I didn't find that tool satisfying, it worked, but after the new model was made, I wasn't been able to import it in 3d max, or to convert the model from file format revision 7 to 6. So you were basicaly forced to upgrade your client to granny 2.9, and I found that inconvenient, because, I don't know about others, but I don't use source for binary, and because of that it's imposible to see the model in-game.

And of course, the new model you've created, with the tool in attachement, is revision 7, so you need the new granny if you want to see it in-game, but you can use the converter from archive to convert from revision 7, to revision 6 (old), and you'll be able to see it in-game. If you already see it in-game, you don't need to use the converter.

If you found this post helpful I'm glad I could help you.

• Metin2 Dev 50
  • Eyes 1
  • Dislove 1
  • Angry 1
  • Think 1
  • Confused 3
  • Scream 2
  • Lmao 3
  • Good 18
  • Love 2
  • Love 153

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Announcements

• Similar Content

• Activity

1. 0

I just implemented some costumes and they are not visible

2. 0

Skill Tree Problem

3. 97

Ulthar SF V2 (TMP4 Base)

4. 5

Client Crashes through Offline Shop (Ikarus)

5. 5

VIVY-WORLD2 - FARM TO THE TOP

6. 0

ToolTip Bug?

7. 0

Skill tree build erorr

8. 0

Visual Bug | How to fix this visual bug inside the Special Storage feature?