Question about the great source of Metin2

Soo the source of 2089 is still on internet?

it was not released or maybe it was not stolen who knows i have seen comments saying that the src that where stolen from ymir was the first src (2004) by china hackers (or at least thats what i remember) the secound time the last leak any way a leak is a leak thinking about the past insted of learining from it is just a waste of time. dont let your source get public ^^.

Are you sure?

Yep, I'm pretty sure about this. Ymir servers are very good secured, but when they affiliated the metin2sg, they didn't secure it aswell, so, an ex-developer there, which was fired stole the source and posted it on internet for revenge.

The story is:

First time, the big "Rain" who released the "InstantServer" was an hacker at some kind of organisation from china who stoled the game file from metin2.

About 2089M, I don't know how it was released on internet, but I'm pretty sure this was hacked, too.

When Ymir released 34k, they affiliated metin2sg, and ofc, that was an easy hint for hackers, so, that's why we got 34k gamefile.

And, finally, was that developer which could stole the source from metin2sg.

That's the story about I've read some time ago.

Are you sure?

Yep, I'm pretty sure about this. Ymir servers are very good secured, but when they affiliated the metin2sg, they didn't secure it aswell, so, an ex-developer there, which was fired stole the source and posted it on internet for revenge.

The story is:

First time, the big "Rain" who released the "InstantServer" was an hacker at some kind of organisation from china who stoled the game file from metin2.

About 2089M, I don't know how it was released on internet, but I'm pretty sure this was hacked, too.

When Ymir released 34k, they affiliated metin2sg, and ofc, that was an easy hint for hackers, so, that's why we got 34k gamefile.

And, finally, was that developer which could stole the source from metin2sg.

That's the story about I've read some time ago.

You must read that ^^ private note from YMIR

EVENT LEADING TO THE HACKING OF WEBZEN YMIR GAMES SERVERS IN END OF SEPTEMBER 2013

The hacker managed to hack into the Skype account of a certain staff in Gameforge. From there, he found a way to whitelist his server in Ymir's firewall to access Ymir's mantis system.

In this mantis system there was a sql injection vulnerability. With that, they got the account credentials of a senior technician in Ymir who is also responsible for server security. They got his password and accessed to his email account. There was a mail which has all Ymir internal servers with password listed. From there, it was easy to get into the server where the source file was located and download everything.

The hacker has obtained the source code of Ymir and not only Metin2. That included Metin1 and Inferna.

In early Dec 2013, the hacker shared the source file of Metin2 to a guy by the name of Nova. Nova went on Teamspeak channel and boasted to a group of 2 people giving them access to the source file of Metin2. The 2 people are known as Steven Tappert, an employee of Intercolo (http://intercolo.de) and a co-owner of Intercolo known as Maxim Gade. Intercolo is the hoster for several Metin2 private servers which included Undergroundmt3 / Reloadedmt2.

Maxim Gade is closely related to the owner of both the 3 private servers and shared the source file to Blackout45 and Soniice who is known as Marcel Weber. Blackout45 shared it to Deskorner and he tried to sell the source file to raise fund for his project to create a new game with it and he successfully sold it to 4 Metin2 private servers for a sum of 8,000euro. Soniice was unhappy that the source file has been leaked and published it openly on every Metin2 fan site and game forum.

However, the public files are not the most recent ones. For example, the client source in dev line is pretty outdated (rev 38xxx). Blackout Skype ID is "shock-industries".

The entire asset of Metin2 is more than 200 GB and the hacker with his friends have everything with them. We think sooner or later, the entire source file for Metin2, Metin1 and Inferna will be leaked.

From the public files, the timestamp of the files is dated 30th September. The hacking was done probably a few days earlier. Additional information we have gathered that the hacker has close all ways someone could possibly get into Ymir's internal servers, making it impossible for anyone to trace who hacked the servers and stolen all the files.

• Love 3

Why ? I know it's a little bit hopeless but are you sure ? :x

they won't, because Metin2 is like a legendary leprechaunt's pot at the end of the rainbow - full of gold. In fact Webzen develops Metin2, MU, SUN and C9, so why should they bother creating a new game when they have all they want? :D

Also, I've heard a story that first Metin2 serverfiles were leaked by Taiwanese developer. I was sometimes playing 'exotic' servers, but there were no players (JP, TW etc.) and the server was shut down.

• 2 years later...