Protect the game core ?

• Honorable Member

Well, dev actually, im trying to add a block to the core like this:

i put a IP for example: 5.5.5.5 and if the server dont have the same ip of the core don't start.

any idea of how i do this?

It could be put at the end of this function inside config.cpp

void config_init(const string& st_localeServiceName)

if (strcmp(g_szPublicIP, "5.5.5.5"))
	{
		fprintf(stderr, "Illegal IPn");
		exit(1);
	}

martysama, as i see in your code, if i put the same ip of the dedicated machine, the game never starts.

so, i think we need to put the ! for put a diference in the condition im right ?

Regards

Akroma

PD: As i see in the first comment, deadman, is trying to block other IPS not, the ip of the dedicated.

PD2: my fault, as i see the strcmp, is for compare, btw i don't understand why this dont run.

:D

• Honorable Member

But martys code looks like working.

Read about strcmp here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstring/strcmp/

Maybe try with this code:

if (strcmp(g_szPublicIP, "5.5.5.5") != 0)
{
    fprintf(stderr, "Illegal IPn");
    exit(1);
}

However if your protected core will be publicly these things easily bypassable.

Don't waste your time with silly protections like that one. In general, don't waste your time protecting your server binary from use (it's just going to bite you back at some point). Protect the server its stored at! If it's interesting enough that people will want to steal it, anyone can easily bypass stuff like this.

And no, the != 0 is not going to change a lot besides removing a warning if you have them on a high level.

Nevertheless, the problem is that you are placing the code in the wrong place. It has to be at any point after GetIPInfo().

• Love 1