Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I recently started working on a Metin2 to Unity / mobile client project.

The goal is to load and display original Metin2 client content inside Unity, with a long-term target of making it work on Android/iOS.

I am currently experimenting with:

- map and terrain loading
- buildings and static objects
- GR2 / Granny to FBX conversion
- texture / material conversion
- player, mob and NPC models
- hair / armor attachment
- animation system
- basic login and game server packet flow tests

Before reinventing everything from scratch, I wanted to ask the community if anyone has useful resources, tools, scripts, or example projects related to this kind of work.

I am especially looking for:

- Metin2 to Unity projects
- GR2 / Granny to FBX tools
- ready animation sets
- Unity Animator Controller examples
- map conversion scripts
- AreaData / property parser examples
- SPT tree conversion tools
- shader / material setup examples
- open-source or abandoned Unity experiments

My goal is not to use dummy or guessed solutions, but to follow the original Metin2 client logic as closely as possible.

If anyone has worked on something similar before, or would like to support/collaborate, I would be happy to get in touch.

Thanks in advance.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VAg5cM6Yh7U?si=3neq-XlP3HmxuXhU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

  • Metin2 Dev 1

I've been working on a Godot client reimplementation for about a year now, so I can give you some pointers.

Spoiler

spacer.png


I couldn't find much of help besides these 2 tools:

This is the hidden content, please

For which you're gonna need a custom shader

This is the hidden content, please

But it's gonna need some fixes and changes, especially for root motion.

However, from the video, it looks like you already managed to get the models converted?

There was also 

 but personally I found the code to be unusable, so I ended up reimplementing everything myself.

Overall it's a lot of work as Metin2 uses a lot of custom formats.

  • Metin2 Dev 21
  • Eyes 2
  • Flame 3
  • Good 7
  • muscle 1
  • Love 1
  • Love 13

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.